Re: DAI Long loading times on EA Desktop

by Fred_vdp

Original Post

Accepted Solution

DAI Long loading times on EA Desktop

★★★ Newbie

Me and my friend both downloaded to play through this game again. But playing it for me on pc i seem to have a 1 or 2 min loading time to get to the title screen, and then about 3-5 min loading time to go from map to map. My friend doesn't have this issue. i was reading a bunch of stuff about turning off the in game thing on origins. is there something similar to do on EA desktop? I've turned off the in game overlay (even tho it doesn't seem to actually turn it off) . The game is on a 1tb nvme drive 

Message 1 of 5 (1,700 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero

@HenZohe12 wrote:

i was reading a bunch of stuff about turning off the in game thing on origins.

In this case, you want Origin in-game to be on.

In case someone else is struggling with load times and found this thread: I've done a bit of experimenting with load times, and these are my findings.

• Make sure Origin in-game is enabled. In other games, disabling it will improve performance, but not in Dragon Age Inquisition. This specifically affects the initial load time before reaching the main menu. Here's a comparison video I made.
  • If you have an AMD GPU, do not enable Mantle as the renderer. While Mantle may give a framerate boost when you have a lower end CPU, the load times are insane. Switching to DirectcX reduced my load times from Skyhold to the Hinterlands from 2 minutes to 18 seconds on a SATA SSD.
  • Turn off all online services to save a few seconds. I think it's because the game syncs to the Keep during loading screens.

Edit: fixed typo

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (1,632 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

right so it seems i found a "fix" for it, i was opening the xbox app to open ea desktop. I now open EA desktop as a admin from the shortcut and it seems to have fixed it

Message 2 of 5 (1,676 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@HenZohe12 wrote:

i was reading a bunch of stuff about turning off the in game thing on origins.

In this case, you want Origin in-game to be on.

In case someone else is struggling with load times and found this thread: I've done a bit of experimenting with load times, and these are my findings.

• Make sure Origin in-game is enabled. In other games, disabling it will improve performance, but not in Dragon Age Inquisition. This specifically affects the initial load time before reaching the main menu. Here's a comparison video I made.
  • If you have an AMD GPU, do not enable Mantle as the renderer. While Mantle may give a framerate boost when you have a lower end CPU, the load times are insane. Switching to DirectcX reduced my load times from Skyhold to the Hinterlands from 2 minutes to 18 seconds on a SATA SSD.
  • Turn off all online services to save a few seconds. I think it's because the game syncs to the Keep during loading screens.

Edit: fixed typo

Message 3 of 5 (1,633 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've had the same issue with loading times and have found a solution that is different to the above, thanks to a Reddit post of all places. 

1. Open NVIDIA Control Panel

2. Go into Manage 3D settings

3. Go from Global Settings to Program Settings and select Dragon Age Inquisition (if you can't find DAI stay in Global)

4. Turn Shader Cache to Off

Soon as I did that I could run Dragon Age at max setting with much shorter load times.

Hopes this helps others

Message 4 of 5 (1,137 Views)

Hero

@jackandn wrote:

I've had the same issue with loading times and have found a solution that is different to the above, thanks to a Reddit post of all places. 

1. Open NVIDIA Control Panel

2. Go into Manage 3D settings

3. Go from Global Settings to Program Settings and select Dragon Age Inquisition (if you can't find DAI stay in Global)

4. Turn Shader Cache to Off

Soon as I did that I could run Dragon Age at max setting with much shorter load times.

Hopes this helps others

Would that mean that load times are longer because Nvidia is generating a shader cache? Unless something isn't functioning right, that might mean load times would normalize after a while and performance in-game might improve.

Message 5 of 5 (1,110 Views)