Re: DAI: Game doesn't respond to Keyboard (Win 10)

by bvrx1411

Original Post

Accepted Solution

DAI: Game doesn't respond to Keyboard (Win 10)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I seem to have into a serious problem with the game.

My digital copy was purchased through Origin around it's launch and played through and finish the entire game, when Trespasser was released I went back and finished that too. Since then I have not played the game but decided to play again as a new character (12.11.16) only to discover that the game does NOT respond to my keyboard. All the buttons do not work but I do know that the keyboard is functional as I am able to type this and when with the game active, mute my computer (my keyboard has a mute button on it).

I am currently running it on Windows 10.

Things I have tried: (updated to 14.11.16)
1. Restarting the program by exiting manually.

2. Restarting the computer.

3. Reinstalling the game.

4. Plugged out and uninstalled a Dualshock 3 controller using SCP Toolkit.
5. Closed Razer Synapse.

6. Use other USB ports for the keyboard.

7. Reinstalled the keyboard using Device Manager.

http://hastebin.com/hojoluhadi.tex

Message 1 of 12 (10,999 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

Here's how I fixed it: in the origin window, go to settings - game properties. Then uncheck the "enable origin in game". After I did this, I was able to move with the keyboard again.

View in thread

Message 11 of 12 (9,317 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Game peripherals can sometimes cause this. If you have a game controller plugged in, try unplugging it. I've heard that Razer Synapse can also cause control issues, so if you have that enabled, try disabling it.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 12 (10,979 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately none of the suggestions worked.

1. I have a Dualshock 3 controller that I plugged out and uninstalled using SCP Toolkit but it did not work.

2. I also closed Razer Synapse but no avail.

Message 3 of 12 (10,964 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately none of the suggestions worked.

1. I have a Dualshock 3 controller that I plugged out and uninstalled using SCP Toolkit but it did not work.

2. I also closed Razer Synapse but no avail.

Message 4 of 12 (10,964 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @bvrx1411,

That might sound like a silly suggestion but have you tried plugging the keyboard in a different USB port? I had issues in the past with a dying USB port that would act out only when launching certain programs.

Message 5 of 12 (10,942 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Zoe It's okay! In the mysterious world of computers even the smallest unthinkable suggestion might be the one. Sadly in this case it did not work.

1.I currently use a wireless keyboard and plugged it into 2 other usb ports. No luck.

2. This time I tried reinstalling the keyboard from the Device Manager but no go too. 

Message 6 of 12 (10,927 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Sorry for the delay @bvrx1411,

I'm not the most tech savvy when it comes to peripherals. What I would suggest next is to perform a clean boot of the system to see if a third party software could be responsible. If the keyboard works while in clean boot try turning back on the background tasks until you find the one that causes problem.

If the keyboard isn't recognized while in clean boot mode then contact the support team in case they have more ideas about what is causing the issue.

Hope that helps.

Message 7 of 12 (10,913 Views)

★★★ Guide

This may also sound like a silly suggestion but have you tried launching the game, going to settings, and making sure that it's set for keyboard and mouse instead of a controller? There's native support and maybe it got automatically switched over when you plugged in your controller?

Message 8 of 12 (10,901 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am also having this problem, and have attempted most of the solutions to no avail. Something I would like to add that may be of importance is that my mouse will stay as the last "icon" it was, if that makes sense. So it usually just stays a loading circle for me no matter what I do in game, even though it will still work fine.

Message 9 of 12 (10,860 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Does this problem got resolved? I'm having the same issue and i can't fix it

Message 10 of 12 (9,192 Views)