DAI Doesn't Launch

by DayDreamer0215

Original Post

Accepted Solution

DAI Doesn't Launch

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Hi, 

I have tried so many different things to get this game to work that I am about to give up on ever playing it. 

I have done the following: 

Clean Boot

Uninstall and reinstall both client and game

Repair Game

Disabled Origin during gameplay*

I gave this game and Origin admin powers 

I cleared my Origin cache, 

I am going to attach a dxdiag file.

*Disabling the origin client did allow me to briefly get a minimized screen of DAI before expanding into a large, black screen before it finally stopped and reverted to the Origin client. (For some reason it opens a new client, which makes me have two open clients at one time)

Whoops, almost forgot some other methods I did:

I made an exception for this game and client in my firewall. I did also make exceptions for these in my anti-virus (AVG).

*Something else I noticed about this. When the secondary client opens, I get a note saying my account is in use so I get shoved into offline mode is that a problem?

Message 1 of 5 (681 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: DAI Doesn't Launch

Hero

In your DxDiag, the app crashes for Dragon Age Inquisition point to aswhooka.dll, which is a file associated with Avast and AVG antivirus.

I hope setting the exceptions fixed the issue permanently. If not, keep in mind that exceptions may need to be set for the entire installation folder of DAI as well as the Origin folder.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (652 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Apprentice
*I had no control of stopping the screen from expanding. Just something I thought I should say. Is my monitor too old? I do have that in the DxDiag file I attached.
Message 2 of 5 (677 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Okay, I really have no clue what I did. But, by some miracle, I have been able to launch DAI twice in a row now. Knocking on wood.
Message 3 of 5 (662 Views)

Hero

In your DxDiag, the app crashes for Dragon Age Inquisition point to aswhooka.dll, which is a file associated with Avast and AVG antivirus.

I hope setting the exceptions fixed the issue permanently. If not, keep in mind that exceptions may need to be set for the entire installation folder of DAI as well as the Origin folder.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 5 (653 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Yes. It was AVG. I didn't do the exclusion correctly.
Message 5 of 5 (638 Views)