DA inquisition - Save failed due to insufficient space

by Handsome-tel

Original Post

Re: DA inquisition - Save failed due to insufficient space

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for that. Still no joy unfortunatly. Do you think i could use the properties that your save file has and maybe that would work?

Message 21 of 53 (5,646 Views)

★★ Novice

I had this error as well initially, game would work fine except for the game saves and in the options it would display the message when it tried to update the config files.

The problem in the end that i found was that i didnt have persmission to access my  DAI folder that was created for the saves and config files.

see below

Not sure if this fix will help everyone encountering this problem... but worth a try.

The fix that worked for me was to locate the BioWare directory where the save games are stored, which is by default in your Documents directory.

When you click on the BioWare Folder, you may get a permission error (at least i did which was the cause of the save fail) telling you that you dont have permission to access this folder.  Click Continue to permanently get access to this folder ( You may have to go one level deeper ie the Dragon Age Inquisition folder). Once you have done this restart the game and it should/could be all fixed for you like mine... good luck and enjoy the game.

Because you dont have the initial directory created during the install you are probably facing a different problem. 

Have you tried installing the the game as an Administrator ??

not sure how pc savey you are but you would need to find the install file then right click on it and select run as administrator..... worth a try.

ps what level do you have your User Account set to ??

Message 22 of 53 (5,632 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much! This worked for me!

Message 23 of 53 (5,627 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My user account level is set at administraitor level so that isnt the issue. I am downloading and installing via origin, is there any way to download the files from origin and then install myself as its has automaticly installed itself each time i have downloaded it.

Message 24 of 53 (5,617 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

There is a hard cap on the number of saves that you can make for this game. It is currently set to 250.

Make an additional folder in your saves folder and move all but the last (most recent)  and 4 or 5 saves into it, to make room.

*NOTE* DO NOT MOVE any files with the word *profile* in them.

Also when running the game

1.) Run Origin in Admin Mode

2.) Run DA:I in Admin Mode

for both instances, make a desktop short cut and change the properties in the compatibility tab

place a check mark in the box next to "run as adminitrator".

Message 25 of 53 (21,129 Views)

★★★★ Novice

also i have changed the setting in origin and ticked the box to keep the game installers but after downloading and installing the game i cant see the installer in the designated folder "origin/download cache" 

Message 26 of 53 (5,611 Views)

★★ Pro

@Handsome-tel wrote:

also i have changed the setting in origin and ticked the box to keep the game installers but after downloading and installing the game i cant see the installer in the designated folder "origin/download cache" 

origin is aware of this issue and is working on it. I have the same issue... start another thread for this as it is off topic for this topic thread.

Message 27 of 53 (5,595 Views)

★★★★ Novice

seems to have done the trick. i uninstalled and reinstalled the game after ticking the admin box and opening origin in admin mode and hey presto saves working.

Thanks for the help all. 

Message 28 of 53 (5,585 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Handsome-tel wrote:

seems to have done the trick. i uninstalled and reinstalled the game after ticking the admin box and opening origin in admin mode and hey presto saves working.

Thanks for the help all. 

Can you descript more details how can you do that. I have the same problem and tried a lot of methods still stuck there. Thanks.

Message 29 of 53 (5,580 Views)

★★★★ Novice

after multiple trys of downloading and installing the game the installation only created a save game folder in my documents folder when i uninstalled the game and then right click on the desktop short cut and change the properties in the compatibility tab and check mark in the box next to "run as adminitrator.

Once that was done i right clicked origin and opened as admin and the begun the download and installation on origin again.

Message 30 of 53 (5,563 Views)