DA inquisition - Save failed due to insufficient space

by Handsome-tel

Original Post

Re: DA inquisition - Save failed due to insufficient space

★★★★ Novice

i was incorrect regarding the sync centre. i have tried to enable offline files within the sync center but when i go into the sync centre it says i have no synchronisation partnership and the "manage offline file"  link has no effect when clicked on

Message 11 of 53 (5,856 Views)

★★★★ Novice

oh right, my documents folder did not have a different location so the reset to defult had no effect.

Message 12 of 53 (5,856 Views)

★★ Guide

In Origin select 'offline mode' from the origin tab. Try launching/playing the game in offline mode. Quit out of the game and try enabling offline files in the sync centre (You may have to go back into online mode?!?).

Message 13 of 53 (5,850 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Once again this has made no change. In offline or online mode i can start and play the game for as long as i would like and it works fine in every way other than it can not save due to origin not creating a save folder during the download and installation process. 

In regards to the sync center from all i hare read you must have 8.1 pro in order to make changes to it which i do not have so i cant make any changes there and the "documents" folder is in its defult position as it has been all along.

I am now attempting the uninstall and reinstall DA for the 3rd time but cant see why this time should be any different.

I am now stumped

Message 14 of 53 (5,846 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the entire game with no change to the issue. origin and once again not created a save game folder for me anywhere on my system

Message 15 of 53 (5,840 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

C:\Users\(yourname)\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age Inquisition\Save

Is the default folder where DAI in fact almost all of biowares game put their saves. if your running out of space it might be worh the time to go in and remove, IE cut older saves out of the folder and put  them in the bioware subfolder in a new folder called old saves, this I found out while troubleshooting not only frees space up but resolved multiple issues I was having from no mount, to multiple quest uncompleteable

also if it did not make the "save" folder as described I would check disk space make sure you have sufficient storage ad in 1gig or more, if not try doing a clean up and freeing some space and make another atempt.

Message 16 of 53 (5,841 Views)

★★ Guide

@Handsome-tel wrote:

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the entire game with no change to the issue. origin and once again not created a save game folder for me anywhere on my system

Almost out of useful ideas, running some window repairs might help,

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-gb

and,

http://www.tweaking.com/content/page/windows_repair_all_in_one.html

May be someone else has some suggestions.

Posting you dxdiag would be useful, the instructions are here, http://postimg.org/image/l5ohu7krf/

Message 17 of 53 (5,834 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i have checked in every document folder on my system including my C:\Users\terry\Documents folder and there has been no folder created for bioware or dragon age anywhere on my system during the installation i have also run a search on my d: drive and found no folders for dragon age on there.

I also have 59gb space on the c drive and 368gb space on the d drive partion.

Im really frustrated with this now. I have downloaded the game 3 times and every time it is the same issue. im not getting any error messages during the download or installation and the game runs perfectly in every respect other than the game save folder not being created during the installation. If i could create my own save folder in the documents folder i would be this has not worked as of yet. 

Message 18 of 53 (5,834 Views)

★★★★ Novice

all i can think is if i can get the folders that as inside of someone elses DRI game save folder (not the save games)  and copy them into a folder that i create that might be enough, but that is just a guess.

Message 19 of 53 (5,830 Views)

Message 20 of 53 (5,828 Views)