Re: DA inquisition - Save failed due to insufficient space

by dines13

Original Post

★ Guide

There is a huge issue with OneDrive messing up the security permissions in Windows 10 - http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/bug-windows-10-onedrive-default...

The solution is to disable OneDrive (follow the link for extended description).

Message 41 of 53 (3,280 Views)

★ Novice

That is exactly what is going on with my computer, and I can't get it to set the permissions correctly.  I'm going to try to wipe and start over it seems.

Message 42 of 53 (3,246 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
Message 43 of 53 (3,206 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the problem after I upgraded to Windows 10 and the following worked for me.Go to DOCUMENTS>BIOWARE>DRAGON AGE INQUISITION and copy the SAVE folder. Save this folder somewhere else on your harddisk, just remember where because you will need it later.

Now delete the DRAGON AGE INQUISITION folder in DOCUMENTS. Start the game and the only option available is to start a new game. Play the game until you get to the first auto save point. Exit the game.You will now find that the game has created a new DRAGON AGE INQUISITION folder in DOCUMENTS. Copy the folder SAVE that you previously saved on your harddisk into the DRAGON AGE INQUISITION folder.This will overwrite your new game and restore your old save games. Start the game and this time the option to CONTINUE will appear and the INSUFFICIENT SPACE message is gone forever!

Message 44 of 53 (3,009 Views)

★ Novice

Would you please help me. I have looked and followed the thread but I still can't even seem to find the BioWare folder. I've done the "run as administrator" part but I cant seem to get the File to pop up.

Message 45 of 53 (2,851 Views)

Hero

You can find the Bioware folder in My Documents. So the path would be C:\Users\[username]\Documents\BioWare. Is this folder not showing up for you?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 46 of 53 (2,840 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi! 

In my case the solution (after reading this hole post and several other ones) was as simple as to activate an exception in my antivirus (Bitdefender was blocking the game to make changes in c:/)

En mi caso la solución fue desactivar el antivirus (más bien añadir excepción de seguridad en el antivirus)

Thanks for this kind of threads they do help a lot Standard smile 

Hasta luego Maricarmen

Message 47 of 53 (2,500 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I too resolved this issue by unblocking the game in Bitdefender.

Message 48 of 53 (2,366 Views)

★★ Novice

hi if you are on windows 10 try to disable the anti ransomeware protection in windows defender .

go to windows defender  under Protection against viruses and threats scrol down you wiil see the anti ransomeware protection,

clik it and then clik disable this what was the problem for me it prevented the game from using the documents folder hope it will help

Message 49 of 53 (1,908 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Handsome-tel I ran into this today. I could not save settings, or games.

For sake of documenting what I did.

1. Installed DAI via Origin
2. Created the following 3 folders
C:\Users\<USER>\Documents\BioWare
C:\Users\<USER>\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age Inquisition
C:\Users\<USER>\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age Inquisition\Save
Message 50 of 53 (1,440 Views)