DA:O DA2 Saves are not found in the keep.

by legokangpalla

Original Post

Accepted Solution

DA:O DA2 Saves are not found in the keep.

★ Novice

I wanted to play DAI sometime around March this year but I lost both DAO, DA2 saved games...so I bought them again (just DA:O, DA2 was in steam) did a full playthrough. But I cannot seem to upload the saves to the Keep.

Both DA:O and DA2(from imported DA:O save) achievements are updated from the new playthroughs, but no heroes have been uploaded to the DA Keep. 

I contacted the support but they asked me to post it here. Is there a way to fix this? Would EA be willing to upload my save if I send them the files?

Message 1 of 4 (9,259 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: DA:O DA2 Saves are not found in the keep.

Honestly...keep is a nice idea, but it came about late in these games lives and is buggy as heck lately.

My honest opinion on it's use from earlier games is to write down your choices on a piece of paper and then go into the keep and simply create a new tapestry using a new character named after one you wanted and input all the choices manually.  Waiting for them to upload from DAO or DA2 and hoping it works correctly is hit or miss at best, and to my mind not worth the time and angst.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (9,387 Views)

All Replies

Hero

In both games, make sure 'share usage data' is enabled and that you are logged into your EA account. Then save the game. You may want to change equipment before saving or the upload may fail. Leave the game running for a few minutes after saving.

Keep in mind that even if a save file imports into the Keep correctly, it dosn't actually import any plot flags, making the import feature entirely pointless.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 4 (9,239 Views)

Honestly...keep is a nice idea, but it came about late in these games lives and is buggy as heck lately.

My honest opinion on it's use from earlier games is to write down your choices on a piece of paper and then go into the keep and simply create a new tapestry using a new character named after one you wanted and input all the choices manually.  Waiting for them to upload from DAO or DA2 and hoping it works correctly is hit or miss at best, and to my mind not worth the time and angst.

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 3 of 4 (9,388 Views)

★ Novice

This is what I ended up doing...

Picked all my choices in the Keep -btw the single page app design of the Keep is very slow and a bit convoluted...but pretty.

Then I uploaded the warden picture from the saved game.

Message 4 of 4 (9,181 Views)