Re: DA Inquisition won't start

by mcsupersport

Original Post

DA Inquisition won't start

★ Novice

Hi. I played DAI yesterday, no issues. I go to play today and when the loading screen says "start" I press the start button and nothing! Game will  not start. I know my Xbox 360 controller is working, ( I tried it with Skyrim, no problems). My laptop usb ports are all working as well. I "repaired Dragon Age Inquisition and still Nothing! Pressing "start" has no effect. What should I do?

Message 1 of 4 (383 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

If this is Xbox and then has nothing to do with Origin maybe someone can move this to the correct forum? Standard smile
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/bd-p/DAInquisition

Edit: if it's not xbox, please try with normal PC controls first, just to make sure!

Message 2 of 4 (360 Views)

@CMeki wish granted

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 3 of 4 (345 Views)

Most common cause I have seen of this is there is a phantom controller listed in the computer settings.  Sometimes it is a tablet, or another device and the game is trying to use it....instead of the actual Xbox360 one.

Fix for that is to find and remove the phantom one and make sure the Xbox is listed as main or only controller.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 4 (313 Views)