DA Inquisition: texture flickering in SLI/Crossfire configuration

by DedMozor

Original Post

Re: DA Inquisition: texture flickering (NVIDIA GTX 690, last driver 344.75)

★★ Novice

Same here. Geforce 660ti 3way sli, flickering on ultra and some fps drops by cutscenes. I have averege fps of 60, even in high action, but not cutscenes. Flickering kills my gampeplay, no permament solution ether.

Message 31 of 221 (2,815 Views)

Community Manager

Hi guys, thanks for the report. I have word from studio that this issue is known and being investigated.

In the meantime , it might be worth checking out the thread in case some of the posted workarounds help for you. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 32 of 221 (2,748 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Have a same problem with SLI of GTX 780. Using the last driver of Nvidia 344.75 Frown Release Patch to fix this.

Message 33 of 221 (2,742 Views)

★ Apprentice

WEll, better wait to play it then :/

Message 34 of 221 (2,644 Views)

★★★ Newbie

780ti SLI here

Terrible stuttering in all cutscenes, flickering textures all over the place. Gameplay itself is pretty smooth.

I ended up getting a refund through Origin. Wont rebuy until issues are fixed. Will not support broken ports.

Message 35 of 221 (2,609 Views)

★★★ Newbie

For those having issues with FPS drop in cutscenes it is because frostbite engine caps cutscenes at 30fps for some reason.  You need to create a shortcut to your desktop then right click and open properties.  Then paste

-GameTime.MaxSimFps 60 -GameTime.ForceSimRate 60+

in Target after the last quotation mark.  Make sure to put a space beforce you paste.

My cutscenes are now running 60fps because of this. Still working on the flickering because im runnint 2 780tis in SLI.

Message 36 of 221 (2,546 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same issues, GTX 980 SLI  344.75 driver

Tbh unbelievable that they didn't test SLI, all those flickering should have been removed at beta phase. 

Message 37 of 221 (2,496 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@EA_David wrote:

Hi guys, thanks for the report. I have word from studio that this issue is known and being investigated.

In the meantime , it might be worth checking out the thread in case some of the posted workarounds help for you. 

Thanks. 

For anyone new to this thread, the only workarounds I've found so far are:

1: SLi flicker fix: in Nvidia Inspector DA:I profile change SLI Compatibility bits (DX1x) to 0x0C4330F5 (may or may not work for everyone. seems to Improve performance a bit too.)

https://i.imgur.com/7HG0g39.png

2: Less stutter/hitching (disables NVAPI async at the cost of some performance). in Nvidia Inspector DA:I profile change 0x005F5A32 under "Undefined" from 0x00000003 to 0x00000000

https://i.imgur.com/yRc8HSm.png

3:

disable Origin In-Game. (reportedly reduces some stutter)

Don't forget to reset nvidia inspector profile when this is officially patched though.

Fog bug still persists in all SLi configurations, however... these issues were fixed in BF4's frostbite engine, why DA:I's frostbite wasn't patched too is mind boggling.

Message 38 of 221 (2,472 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Same here, fired this up today for the first time to find a plethora of rendering problems in SLI, all seen within the initial game opening. Specifically...

• Flickering rock and floor scatter geometry which seems to occur more frequently after cut-scenes.
  • Flickering vegetation, mainly grass.
  • Flickering geometry in far scenes, such as on the sides of mountains in the distance.
  • Visible seams in floor geometry, the worst of which happens during the first big demon fight at the green portal.
  • Wildy variable frame rate, using 780 Superclocked ACX in SLI, which is especially bad during the above demon fight at the green portal.

I've attempted a number of fixes...

• Installed driver 334.75, to no effect.
  • Usage of Nvidia Inspector to set bits manually
  • Lowered in-game settings such as Ambient Occlusion and Vegetation levels, to no effect. 
  • Set Power Management in NVCP to Maximum Performance, to no effect.
  • Lowered in-game graphics settings to ensure VRAM usage was comfortably underneath 99%, to no effect.

The game is literally a visually unplayable mess right now and I can't help but feel that its really detracting from the enjoyment.

Message 39 of 221 (2,302 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@xCerNx wrote:

780ti SLI here

Terrible stuttering in all cutscenes, flickering textures all over the place. Gameplay itself is pretty smooth.

I ended up getting a refund through Origin. Wont rebuy until issues are fixed. Will not support broken ports.

http://puu.sh/cZJTr/475f7d8c73.jpg'

-GameTime.MaxSimFps 60 -GameTime.ForceSimRate 60+

Paste this like in the pic and most of the stuttering disappears.

I use 780 sli.

Message 40 of 221 (2,211 Views)