DA Inquisition: texture flickering in SLI/Crossfire configuration

by DedMozor

Original Post

Re: DA Inquisition: texture flickering in SLI/Crossfire configuration

★★ Pro

@fluffiballz wrote:

HI: I have two AMD R2 290x I had a problem with flickering grass and the moon this is how I fixed the problem,by running them in tandem not series in the game

( turn crossfire off in your AMD catalyst  control center, during the game you are still using both gpu's for processing the video just a tiny bit slower.).

I still run in ultra settings with amd mantel, and the game runs just fine.

Hope this helps Standard smile

That may have remedied the issue for you, but this is supposed to be the latest generation game.

So why is it that we have to "dumb down" our mid to high-end, multi-gpu systems to even play this game?

WE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO!

Message 211 of 221 (1,788 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I've spent half a day dinking with this issue and here's what I've concluded; the problem is Mantle (no surprise there?).  I'm running dual Asus AMD R9 270X's w/ a 32" Samsung off an Asus 97A mobo w/ an i5 4690K CPU.  Driver is the newest, 15.3 beta.  As expected with Crossfire off, I get no flickering.  With Crossfire enabled and API set to Mantle, major flickering, mainly in bright settings.  When I switch the API to DX11 with Crossfire enabled, no more flickering.  I had graphics settings set to Ultra, High and Raptr-optimized (Custom) with the same result.  Mantle on, flicker on.  DX11 on, flicker gone.  I used the in-game benchmark on the Raptr settings w/ DX11 at 2560 x1440 and got average FPS of 73.3, minimum of 32.5.  When I changed the res to 1920 x 1080 the average FPS jumped to 102 with a minimum of 43.  After bumping the settings back up to the max & leaving MSAA off I'm getting 66.5 with 38 min (and no flicker) at 1920 x 1080 and the game looks really good.  I just finished playing for 4 hours with zero flicker or visual artifacts of any kind.

Bottom line, I'm done fiddle-farting with Mantle for good...

Message 212 of 221 (1,733 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I still have flickering textures on 970 SLI setup..

come on.. patch 6 is released and still the flickering textures..

Message 213 of 221 (1,534 Views)

★ Novice

Texture flickering and poor SLI performance is still present after PATCH 7 - NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

C'mon EA / Bioware... I paid good money for this game months ago and its been unplayable since day 1!

Geforce driver = 350.12 (Streaming service disabled)

GTX 780 SLI (not over-clocked)

i7 5930k CPU (not over-clocked)

Windows 7 64-bit

16Gb DDR3 RAM

Intel SSD 520 - 240Gb x 2 (RAID 0)

Message 214 of 221 (1,488 Views)

★ Apprentice

Wow I am truly amazed that this is still an issue!!!  I have been following this thread since the game launched and every time I receive a notification it is just to confirm that none of their patches resolve this issue.

For shame!

Message 215 of 221 (1,484 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I still have texture flickering issue after Patch 8.

My setup:

GeForce Driver: 353.30

GTX 780Ti SLI

Win7 64-bit

i7-3770k

Message 216 of 221 (1,181 Views)

★ Novice

I am having the flickering problem still! GTX 970 SLI

Message 217 of 221 (1,133 Views)

★ Novice

Patch 9 

Still flicker issues with SLI.  Been nearly a year now, 2 full paid DLC expansions released and the flicker issue is still there.  My suggestion is to call up CDPR and have them walk you through how to fix the problem.  

5930K @ 4.6 ghz

32 GB DDR4 2400 mhz

SLI Titan-X  1500 / 8000 

Nvidia Drivers 355.60

Here I'll help EA and Bioware out a bit.  

NVIDIA CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS2701 San Tomas Expressway
Santa Clara, CA 95050
Tel: 1+ (408) 486-2000
Fax: 1+ (408) 486-2200
[edit: email address removed]

Give them a call and get the game fixed for the love of all things good and holy!

Message 218 of 221 (1,031 Views)

★ Apprentice

So this is never gonna get fix officially. Hasn't anybody found an sli compatibility bits that work with this game in Nvidia Inspector ?

Message 219 of 221 (892 Views)

★★★ Novice

Is there a fix for SLI yet?  

Luckily I have only downloaded the Demo.......the flickering is horrific!! Massive headache in the making.....

I certainly would love to buy the game, but won't if there is no fix. 

I have 2 x 970's.

Message 220 of 221 (670 Views)