DA Inquisition: texture flickering in SLI/Crossfire configuration

by DedMozor

Original Post

Re: DA Inquisition: texture flickering (NVIDIA GTX 690, last driver 344.75)

★★★ Novice

I think i found a simple fix!! (for me at least).  Opened the Nvidia control panel, Manage 3d Settings -> Program settings-> add Inquisition.  Went down to SLI rendering mode and set it to alternate frame rendering 1.  Flickering is gone!! running on GTX 680 SLI, all settings Ultra, no MSAA

Message 21 of 221 (3,620 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@ipeeblood wrote:

I think i found a simple fix!! (for me at least).  Opened the Nvidia control panel, Manage 3d Settings -> Program settings-> add Inquisition.  Went down to SLI rendering mode and set it to alternate frame rendering 1.  Flickering is gone!! running on GTX 680 SLI, all settings Ultra, no MSAA

the profile already uses SLI_PREDEFINED_MODE_DX10_FORCE_AFR, aka AFR1 as do most DX10/DX11 games. perhaps you just haven't run it long enough to get the next flicker to occur.

Message 22 of 221 (3,591 Views)

★★ Novice

LeetMiniWheat wrote:

ipeeblood wrote:

the profile already uses SLI_PREDEFINED_MODE_DX10_FORCE_AFR, aka AFR1 as do most DX10/DX11 games. perhaps you just haven't run it long enough to get the next flicker to occur.

Setting alternate frame rendering 1 sets the 'SLI rendering mode' attribute in Nvidia inspector, which defaults to SLI_RENDERING_MODE_AUTOSECT, so it seems to actually be doing something.

For me, setting alternate frame rendering 1 also appears to resolve the flickering, but it destroys the framerate on a Geforce 690. The performance is even worse than disabling SLI all together.

Message 23 of 221 (3,553 Views)

★★★ Novice
Message 24 of 221 (3,549 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@Gawlron wrote:

In the NVCPL > Manage 3D Settings > Program Settings > DAI

• Power Management: Perf Max Power

EDIT2: Also, turn off Origins In-Game overlay. This is actually pretty important.

Just wanted to note that on my dual GTX 970s, these two changes seem to have fixed texture flicker/jumping in DAI for me.

Message 25 of 221 (3,497 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem with flickering textures.

my specifications:

2x970 SLI

the rest does not matter because it does not affect what happens.

EA/BIOWAR FIX this problem, I want to play this game without all the **bleep** on my screen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GregPug your solution does not work for me Frown

Message 26 of 221 (3,434 Views)

★ Novice

Same issues here.

Nvidia 970 GTX in SLI mode.

Texture flickering and random frame rate drops makes the game not playable for me.

Turning off SLI and playing with 20-30 FPS is not an option for me.

Message 27 of 221 (3,415 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

So removing the origin in game helped now only the grass is flickering but if I put it on SSAO the problem is fixed. I guess we have to play with SSAO until they patch it. I use 2 770 sli .

Edit: Nope just took a little longer textures still flickering Frown

Message 28 of 221 (3,397 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/INFO-PC-Community-Concerns/m-p/4008717#U4008717

what a shame. so it was difficult to see at a glance how the game works with cards in SLI? working on a game for two or three years and that the detail forgotten what a shame.

Triple FACEPALM

Message 29 of 221 (3,354 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Same issue on GTX880M SLI.

Message 30 of 221 (3,287 Views)