Re: DA Inquisition: texture flickering still exist after BioWare patch #3

by leber666

Original Post

★★★★ Novice
Likewise -- both flickering and white fog issues persist after the latest DA patch and nVidia driver release.

Ded, you can add the 760 (my graphics card) to your list of affected hardware. Thanks very much for continuing to maintain this thread.
Message 161 of 221 (1,252 Views)

★★★★ Novice

By the way, in case you missed it, EA_David Community manager has at least acknowledged that this is a known issue and the studio are investigating (top of page 4).

This is only comment I've seen on the issue from either EA, Bioware, or Nvidia, but better than nothing.

Message 162 of 221 (1,235 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Ask Community Managers directly via PM. Maybe if 100+ people will ask them the same question, they condescend to reply to this topic.

Also I think good idea give honest feedback over Answer HQ survey about the quality of support services. I hope they have a KPI and service level target.

Message 163 of 221 (1,224 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have updated to nvidia drivers 347.25 and patch 3. I have SLI 980s, and now my cut scenes don't stutter anywhere near as much. Maybe it will briefly stutter in a few cut scenes just once or twice now. But before the drivers and update my cut scenes would stutter alot.

Also I found that texture flickering is still very aggressive in my game. but if I switch to 'windowed fullscreen' mode the texture flickering dissapears completly. But I also suffer much lower fps like this and a less sharp image.

But then if I switch back to 'fullscreen' it seems the flickering has still dissapeared and I reobtain my higher fps and sharper image.

So basically I can remove texture flickering by loading a game switching to 'window fullscreen' then switching back to 'fullscreen'.

But I don't know how long this method will last for, as I only have had time to test it for about 5 minutes.

Message 164 of 221 (1,147 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

the flickering, and whit fog are sli artifacts. 

disabling sli "should" fix it.

Go to and read the very first post in this thread...

[PC] Ongoing investigation

Also it has been verified by EA tech support that

there is a pattern with _60 (i.e. 260, 460, 560, 660, etc. cards, including Ti versions)

having issues with this game.

Also this game IS NOT multi-GPU optimized.

Message 165 of 221 (1,131 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yes I know they are SLI artifacts, but I cannot afford to play on single GPU @ 4096x2160 max details, I will lose alot of fps. So I have to use any sort of work around for now.

Message 166 of 221 (1,089 Views)

★★ Pro

@shadow2761 wrote:

@Yes I know they are SLI artifacts, but I cannot afford to play on single GPU @ 4096x2160 max details, I will lose alot of fps. So I have to use any sort of work around for now.

I agree.

This game should not force players to make or take such drastic measures.

This is supposed to be the latest generation game. 

So I ask these questions... "Why is it not compatible with over clocked hardware?"

"Why is it not multi-gpu compatible?"

The simple answer is... It's a console port. It is optimized for consoles, and nothing more.

In order to make the game (mostly) stable, a high end system has to be reduced to a comparable state.

Which should not have to be done, on a latest gen game.

Message 167 of 221 (1,086 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
These SLI related shadow/texture issues appear in several games. It is known and has been fixed in other games using frostbite such as Battlefield 3 (long, long time ago) or BF4. You can find youtube videos related to this. It's a shame nobody THOUGHT about it or tested the SLI scenario in the QA process. Bioware, please get somebody from Dice on the line and fix this asap!
Message 168 of 221 (1,055 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Dual AMD Radeon HD 7970s in Crossfire.  Flickering everywhere.  Not consistent by area.  One visit, almost none.  Another visit, all over.  A third visit, flicking in different places.  It's awful.

The "opaque white 2D fog sprites" issues would be nice to get fixed, too.  Why the hell there are 2D sprites being used anywhere is beyond me, let alone these opaque blue-white things.

Message 169 of 221 (953 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Ok I don't seem to be getting texture flicker anymore, but I now have come across the white fog bug. Just can't get this game to work properly, fix one bug another shows up. Im just gona give up hope soon.

Message 170 of 221 (897 Views)