Re: DA Inquisition ignoring Nvidia Driver settings !

by DiegoSC23

Original Post

DA Inquisition ignoring Nvidia Driver settings !

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

First my rig

i5 3570k stock
GTX 660 OC
8 GB DDR3
Win10/64
all drivers up to date

Now onto the problem...

The game is not "applying" whatever setting i throw in the driver options, one example i can give is, i'm trying to set the game to half of the refresh rate (lock the game at 30 frames), but, whenever i set on the driver, the game itself ignores it, every other game is working fine, but Inquisition is literally ignoring it... lol

I can't exactly remember when this started, cuz i stopped playing this game for a while, i returned cuz i'm trying to beat again with a different build, but, since i can't lock 60 frames with this card, i locked the frame rate to make the experience more smooth, but now, i can't do that, cuz the game doesn't seem to be affected by the driver settings, and the frame rate is all over the place.... >Disappointed

Message 1 of 5 (372 Views)

Hero

You can force an fps lock in Origin.

Right click Dragon Age Inquisition in Origin, go to 'Game Properties', and paste the following in the box:

-GameTime.MaxSimFps 30 -GameTime.ForceSimRate 30+

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 5 (361 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

it didn't worked... Frown

is there any other place where i can type this command line (ini files for example) ??

Message 3 of 5 (352 Views)

Hero

You can create a text file called user.cfg in the installation directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition by default) and paste the line in there.

Normally the shortcut command should work, though. What software are you using to check the framerate? There's one in the game itself that you can use. Open the console by pressing tilde (or the key above tab) and type perfoverlay.drawfps 1. The framerate cap line can also be used in the console.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 5 (346 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm using ShadowPlay to check the frame rate... but it didn't worked (both options).

this is really weird, when i started playing this game i used these settings on the Nvidia Control panel:

Texture Filtering: High Performance
V-Sync: Half of the refresh rate
Power mode: High Performance
Max Rendered frames: 1

The game ran locked at 30, on High settings (FXAA on low, water on Ultra) with HBAO+ enabled, i don't remember at any point, the frames droping, now, the frame rate is all over the place, and with the ocasional drops to the lower 20s, + the annoying lag/stutter,no idea how it started and why... * hell !!

Message 5 of 5 (337 Views)