Re: DA Inq on PC no surround sound 5.1

by Liarmion

Original Post

DA Inq on PC no surround sound 5.1

★ Newbie

Hi, The sound works through my speakers but only the front ( L, C R and sub) but no rear. I have tried the diffrent in-game sound options to no avail. I have tested the 5.1 and it works with other programs.

Also the NPC volume seams a little low. The main char volume seams fine but in dialoge I have to strain to hear the NPC's. I have compensated by turning the volume right up and lowering the music and sound effects but still...

Great game by the way. Every else is awesome!

Message 1 of 7 (3,036 Views)

★ Novice
I also reported the audio issue with dialogue. It's so quiet... Brutal. Sometimes I can't hear whatsoever and my sound is cranked. It's unfortunate that subtitles are required just to know what anyone is saying.
Message 2 of 7 (3,023 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issues, rear surrounds sounds are really weak and sometimes nonexistent.  I have to crank my amp up way higher than normal for the sound in general.  They did a really poor mixing job for surround on PC, unless it actually is a bug. Most PC gamers don't really care about 5.1/7.1 unfortunately.  So I doubt they'll fix it.  Here's hoping they actually see this and do. 

Message 3 of 7 (2,937 Views)

Hero

In my experience, the sound mixing is great. I have Realtek HD audio and Logitech X-350 speakers. No issues whatsoever.

Also keep in mind that the in-game audio settings don't do anything unless you restart the game.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 7 (2,929 Views)

★ Novice

Anyone got any more information about this? I have my audio running through an AV receiver, and that tells me that I'm only getting front left and right audio, even though I have the game set to "Home Theater"...

Message 5 of 7 (2,875 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I experience the same problem, yet it does seem to work some time. When the voices 'fade out' it does seem to be because the center speaker stops working. Until now I work around the problem by playing the game with stereo but it'd be great to see a fix.

Message 6 of 7 (2,576 Views)

★ Novice

Hello,

I had the same problem. And thanks to EA great support I found the problem.

In fact I have a little option in my Realtek HD Audio config software (a Republic Of Gamer one), named "Swap Center / Subwoofer Output". I wonder why I did not think about that earlier...

In my case it was checked. So central sound was being played by subwoofer... I just had to uncheck it and then everythings was working just fine.

This was the only reason I had some troubles with sound during dialog. Now I can play with 5.1 surround! Standard smile

Hope this may help others.

Message 7 of 7 (2,255 Views)