DA: I wont start 100% disk usage

by Warlyx

Original Post

Accepted Solution

DA: I wont start 100% disk usage

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

long time ago i played DA:I using an amd quad and this GPU r7 260x w7 (now using i5, same gpu w10 ), so no clue whats happening at all , no AVG / AV tried using no origin while ingame , open as admin ect

as soon as hit play nothing happens but my computer slow down , task manager says 100% disk (DA:I process is the culprit) as soon as i end the process the disk goes to normal.

tried reinstalling , tried offline mode...and nothing Frown

link to my dxdiag

https://hastebin.com/avitofaviz.tex

now downloading DA:O to give it a try , but im able to play Mass Effect Andromeda w/o issues :/

edit : DA:O works, tried all my Origin games and all working but DA:I Frown

Message 1 of 4 (791 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: DA: I wont start 100% disk usage

★★★★★ Novice

LOL after installing the direct x that was on Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\__Installer\directx

its loading and working perfectly gez what a headache

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (904 Views)

All Replies

Check your windows defender...white list DAI in it as well as any firewall listing for windows.

You said disk useage??  You mean hard drive use??  Just wanting clarification and making sure I am understanding what is going on.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 4 (753 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

yeah , HDD 100% , gonna try adding to exceptions in firewall / windows defender , thanks Standard smile

edit : didnt work Frown

task manager

da-i.png

uhm maybe isnt DA:I , because im having the same issue with Star ocean last hope >< and is from steam  , maybe is my HDD that is dying ? Frown . however im able to play Mass effect andromeda and others games w/o issues , hell even when ME:A is opened CPU 82% Memory 66% , disk 0%

edit again lol , after installing DX june 2010 star ocean works perfectly :/ , so maybe i need some DX for DA:I? , i tho Origin installed all the needed files?

Message 3 of 4 (738 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

LOL after installing the direct x that was on Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\__Installer\directx

its loading and working perfectly gez what a headache

Message 4 of 4 (905 Views)