DA:I won't launch

by 668m

Original Post

Accepted Solution

DA:I won't launch

★★ Novice

Hi, so I just finished installing the game and it won't let me play it at all. A black screen will pop up with the mouse cursor but then it just closes and nothing happens. 

I have tried to do a clean boot, and tried to disable AVG and set an exception for Dragon Age Inquisition in it but it still won't work.

Here is my dxdiag: https://hastebin.com/oqosegoqim.tex

Message 1 of 4 (374 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: DA:I won't launch

★★ Novice

Turns out I was setting the exceptions wrong and it was AVG. Thanks for the help!

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (446 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@668m Try setting AVG exceptions for the game, Origin and the game files in Documents. 

Turn off any overlay programs you might have running (including the Origin overlay), those have been known to cause issues for some people. It doesn't look like it from your dxdiag, but just in case, if you have any Razer software turn that off, too.

You might also want to make sure the computer is using the Nvidia GPU to run the game, not the integrated Intel one. You should be able to use the Nvidia control panel for that. 

Let us know how you go Standard smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 4 (325 Views)

★★ Novice

@Leora85 I tried setting more exceptions and I made sure it's using the Nvidia GPU and it still doesn't work. How do I turn off overlay programs? I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly.

Message 3 of 4 (307 Views)

★★ Novice

Turns out I was setting the exceptions wrong and it was AVG. Thanks for the help!

Message 4 of 4 (447 Views)