DA:I won't launch in EA app.

by Tenebreaux

Original Post

Highlighted

DA:I won't launch in EA app.

★★★ Newbie

I have xbox gamepass and am trying to play Dragon Age Inquisition. Linked EA and MS accounts, d/l'd EA app, d/l'd game but it won't launch. Have spent hours searching the web for solutions, tried running as admin, reinstalling, rebooting, compatibility mode, turning off firewall and AV, nothing works. Contacted online chat and was told it was a bug with the EA app and to report it. Not exactly helpful.

Here's my dxdiag:

Message 1 of 5 (1,907 Views)

Re: DA:I won't launch in EA app.

Community Manager
@Tenebreaux Are you getting an error message? Does the game show as running in task manager at all?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 5 (1,851 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey, I think I have the same issue as that guy.

I'm playing on the PC via EA Now that I have via xbox game pass.

I launch the game, a black window appears, goes full screen, the mouse cursor changes into game cursor, crashes to the desktop. No error messages, nothing. 

EA goes from apps to Background Processes for a second. 

EA help chat has been useless thus far. 

Message 3 of 5 (1,792 Views)

★★★ Newbie

dxdiag for funsies.

Message 4 of 5 (1,787 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ah, never mind! Turns out, it was an issue with Avast silently interfering with the game. Should have read this place more. 

Message 5 of 5 (1,783 Views)