Re: DA:I multiplayer loading glitches: frozen load and loaded without skills vis

by Kokushokubara

Original Post

DA:I multiplayer loading glitches: frozen load and loaded without skills visible

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I've been encountering two bugs in DA:I in the multiplayer part when using quickjoin to join a group. I don't know what triggers the bugs, as I have no knowledge about the other ppl in the multiplayer game and their settings. Also if playing through a match with the bug and staying with the group, it has not repeated. (rarely doing many matches with the same group, so it may just be due to luck. But if it was triggered by something in the group, I'd expect it to repeat when doing a second match with the same group)

The first bug is joining  a game, pressing ready and going to loading screen. Just to stay there and never progress (my usual loads are 10-20s, so if it loads for 10+ minutes something is wrong).

The second bug is joining the game and when the load finishes, I'm in the game, but the skill bar, health bar and options are missing. In this case auto-attack doesn't work either but I can use the skills with hotkeys. For all purposes, I'm in the match and fighting, but without access to auto-attack and without being able to see cool-downs on skills and my health (having to guess when I should use healing potion). Since the options are also missing, I can't select to leave the match and playing in the match leaves me a hindrance to my team. Also, in this case, there are no notifications of what's going on in the match, but if playing the match to the end, I get rewarded as having taken part of the match and kills are shown in the scoreboard. It's painful to play through a match in this state though and the only way to leave that I've found is to ctrl+alt+delete out and use task manager to shut down the game though I don't know how quickly the game acknowledges that there's a free spot in the group after this. It's only based on the hope that it registers fast.

Edit: Forgot to mention, either of these bugs tend to happen to me around 1/3 of the matches I play and often on the first match after starting DA:I. I've tried doing a few solo matches, but never had either bug when solo.

Message 1 of 4 (339 Views)

Re: DA:I multiplayer loading glitches: frozen load and loaded without skills vis

★★★ Novice

I've encountered the second bug only, it seems to be caused by Alt Tabing during loading, it's a bad thing to do in every game but in this one it's the worst.

Or having anythin heavy in the background like Google Chrome.

Message 2 of 4 (313 Views)

★ Novice

I've never done alt tabbing in this game. As it's already a bit unstable for me, I don't want to provoke bugs any further. Generally when I do encounter these bugs, there's nothing heavy running in the background either (always checked what else was running when I used Task Manager to shut down the game). I sometimes have Skype running but it hasn't been running when the bugs occured.

So while that may help in some cases, there's nothing much I could shut down while still keeping my computer running.

Message 3 of 4 (280 Views)

★★ Novice

well at least Im not the only one hitting this * >.< no wonder da:i multiplayer is dead compared to ME3

Message 4 of 4 (198 Views)