Re: DA:I greyed out and IGOProxy.exe crash upon external Origin launch

by Aideux

Original Post

DA:I greyed out and IGOProxy.exe crash upon external Origin launch

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

So I'm under the impression that these two issues are related, but I have yet to figure out how to fix either problem. I just want to play the game, so I've uninstalled and reinstalled vcredistx64 2013, repaired vcredistx86 2012 and 2013, updated GPU drivers, changed the name of IGOProxy64.exe to IGOProxy65.exe, and deleted the LocalContent of DA:I in C:\ProgramData\Origin\LocalContent\Dragon Age Inquisition, but nothing seems to fix my problem, and after restarting my computer, DA:I is still greyed out and trying launch DA:I through a shortcut or anywhere but directly through Origin causes IGOProxy.exe and IGOProxy64.exe to crash (though renaming IGOProxy64.exe to IGOProxy65.exe removed that error message, but I doubt it solved the problem). Is there anyone who can help me? I really want to play, but it's been so frustrating trying to even get to the title screen. 

Message 1 of 5 (624 Views)

Hero

@Aideux Is there are reason you suspected the issue had to do with those two vc redistributables? Does the error message mention something about those two packages? (Also, if you're getting an error message, a screenshot could be helpful). 

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Origin? You can find the most recent version to download here

A bit obvious, but have you tried doing a repair of DAI? Just right click it in Origin and select 'repair game' (if you have mods installed, I recommend removing your mod folder first, just in case).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 5 (584 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
@Leora85 I attempted to both redownload Origin and repair DAI, but neither solved the problem, unfortunately. Do you perhaps have any other suggestions?
Message 3 of 5 (570 Views)

★★★ Expert

If you suspect the VC packages, they can be downloaded here. It is possible one of them got corrupted or damaged somehow. Not likely but, re downloading them will overwrite what you have and, insure they are correct.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/search.aspx?q=redistributable+package

Message 4 of 5 (549 Views)

★ Novice
@DarkAmaranth1966 I only suspect that the vc packages will work because that's what I read online, but I'm honestly not sure if it will solve my problem. Do you perhaps have any other suggestions should the vc packages not fix the problem?
Message 5 of 5 (540 Views)