DA:I - DirectX "GetDeviceRemovedReason" - DXGI_ERROR_DRIVER_INTERNAL_ERROR

by ValerinForte

Original Post

Accepted Solution

DA:I - DirectX "GetDeviceRemovedReason" - DXGI_ERROR_DRIVER_INTERNAL_ERROR

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi guys, please help, I am literally running out of options here.

So, yesterday I freshly installed (after 3 years) Dragon Age Inquisition. But every time I try to run it I get this damn annoying monit, with said error.

DirectX function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DRIVER_INTERNAL_ERROR

(The driver encountered a problem and was put into the device removed state).
GPU: "NVIDIA GeForce 840M", Driver: 46172

I tried a lot of fixes, driver reinstallations, registry modifying, but to no avail. 
I even used fixes from 2014, but nothing helps.

What's quite fascinating, DA:I worked on this laptop really fine those 3 years ago, and I hadn't changed anything in it since then.

Graphic card: NVIDIA GTX840M 4GB
RAM: 8GB

CPU: Intel Core I7-5500 2,4 GHz
System: Windows 8.1

Message 1 of 3 (1,516 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: DA:I - DirectX "GetDeviceRemovedReason" - DXGI_ERROR_DRIVER_INTERN

Community Manager

Hi @ValerinForte

Have you had the chance to try starting up your PC in a Clean Boot to test and see if that helps? If there's anything else running on the PC that might be related to this error it could help to get around it. 

For more information on how to set up a Clean Boot check out the EA Help website. If you're still getting the same error message after that would you mind sharing a DxDiag so we can take a look? You can find more information on how to pull one up at the EA Help site. Once you have the text file please attach it to this thread. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (1,467 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @ValerinForte

Have you had the chance to try starting up your PC in a Clean Boot to test and see if that helps? If there's anything else running on the PC that might be related to this error it could help to get around it. 

For more information on how to set up a Clean Boot check out the EA Help website. If you're still getting the same error message after that would you mind sharing a DxDiag so we can take a look? You can find more information on how to pull one up at the EA Help site. Once you have the text file please attach it to this thread. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 3 (1,468 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem. Only difference is that I just installed the game for the first time, so I don't actually know if the game will run in my PC. My laptop specs is not so high so I have doubts. I tried clean boot but the error still appears. I'll attach the report files I get from dxdiag below.

Message 3 of 3 (626 Views)