Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: DA:I Descent DLC Corpse Crash

by Belladoni

Original Post

DA:I Descent DLC Corpse Crash

★★★★ Novice

I am having a serious problem with DA:I dlc Descent; It's early in the DLC you enter a room with a couple of stairways leading down to a central chamber (right before you get to the second lift further down into the Deep Roads). You have to fight an Ogre, a bunch of Genlocks and some Hurlock archers and then the  quest says "Investigate Corpses" and this is where the trouble starts.  I click on the corpse to investigate, the cinematic starts up, freezes and the game crashes.  Is anyone else having this problem? I tried looking through the forum both here and Wiki, but I couldn't find anything.  Here is what I have done to try and fix this. Please let me know if there is anything else.

1. Removed all mods and restarted game prior to entering the Deep Roads.

2. Removed a graphics enhancer I was using. It shouldn't have effected anything, as it deals more with my graphics card then the game.

3. Ran a repair on the game in case the mads I was running may have corrupted something.

I can't think of anything else to do.  Please help!

Message 1 of 2 (112 Views)
Highlighted

Re: DA:I Descent DLC Corpse Crash

★★★★ Novice

Just read a fix for this on this thread:  http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/PC-Descent-DLC-Investigate-the-corpses-crash-SOLUTIO...

They said to:

-Go to your Update folder in your DA:I installation.
-Navigate to the Patch folder.

-Open package.mft in notepad or w/e

-Change patch version from 10 to 11

-Should work fine now.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 2 (99 Views)

Check out the official website

Find information about characters, multiplayer, and DLC packs.

Learn more

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help