DA:I DLC Not working (PC, Origin gift)

by LordMarkles

Original Post

DA:I DLC Not working (PC, Origin gift)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

As the title says, no major dlc set is working for my game. An explanation of the situation is as follows:

I got the digital deluxe edition long on release, played it for about ten hours then life and other games got in the way until about a week or two ago I got back into it. During this time, the game of the year edition was on sale for much cheaper than the combined dlcs were, and it was given to me as a gift. As soon as the gift was sent, my origin claimed to be downloading all the dlc for dragon age, despite me not yet accepting it. Once that was downloaded, nothing. I just thought I hadn't unlocked anything yet, but I did notice the free dlc packs were not downloaded, so I downloaded some, specifically the black emporium. The black emporium worked after I downloaded it seperately from the unprompted fuax download from the gift. The digital deluxe content, like weapons and armour, were also working. After learning that I should've had the ones unlocked after reaching Skyhold unlocked, I thought this was a problem with me not actually accepting anything, which was strange enough by itself that it claimed to be downloading everything without any prompt, I dug around (I am not terribly familiar Origin) and found where I could accept the gift, and accepted it. This made a separate entry in my game library show up, and give me hope I figured it out. I did not.

Once accepting the gift properly, I was prompted to download it again, which I obviously did. After accepting and downloading everything, I still got nothing showing up for any of descent, jaws of hakkon, or trespasser. There may be some other dlc that is less noticeable that isn't working, like the multiplayer stuff or spoils stuff, but I only played multiplayer a handful of times and don't know how to identify the spoils goodies in game (or lack there of). This lead me to my first reinstall of the game. I uninstalled the game specifically through the digital deluxe edition entry in origin, thinking there might be some conflict there, and reinstalled from the game of the year edition entry. Once again, nothing of the main dlcs. The black emporium still worked though. During this install I decided to still get some enjoyment out of the game, and continued playing without them. I got the golden nug statue, if that is important to one of the dlcs. but then after finishing the bulk of the game I decided to try again to get it working. And yes, this is where I know that trespasser is not functioning as it is post main story-line.

On to the second reinstall. This time I purged my computer of all dragon age files and origin files. Nothing left of either the origin platform or dragon age existed on my computer. I then reinstalled origin and then dragon age, again from the game of the year edition entry in the game library, if that matters. Like every time I went through this download, this is the fourth time with the dlc counting the faux one to begin with, the queue had all the entries there, and showed as downloading. Once installed, I did of course check the additional content tab, to make sure they're installed, which they were, every songle one showed installed (or "play" for the playable ones). Still I am unable to access any of the new zones in my main play through. This that play through may be corrupt, I started another, completely new. Played the starting totally fine, had my golden nug statue in haven, and then got to Skyhold eager to see if the zones had unlocked for this one. They had not.

This brings us here. Side things throughout the entire process I noticed and tried are that I never had access to the trials option in options, I was able to play multiplayer with people who had functioning dlc without issue, and I was of course logged into the dragon age servers in game. If there is any further explaination required, I'll be checking back, because I do obviously want to play these dlc packs.

Message 1 of 14 (3,048 Views)

Re: DA:I DLC Not working

★★★ Guide

@LordMarkles

I know you've uninstalled and reinstalled the games several times. Have you tried the 'repair' option found when right clicking the title? Or the 'update' option after redownloading? You may need to download a patch to get the DLC to work. I'm not super technical, but these are just some ideas. I hope one of them works for you.

Message 2 of 14 (3,021 Views)

★★ Novice

I have also tried both the update and repair, but thank you for the suggestion

Message 3 of 14 (3,017 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@LordMarkles

Worth a shot. Sorry it didn't work. I'm not very technical.

There is this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/DAI-GOTY-gift-Origin-DLC-Problem/td-p/5722721 which seems to have been working for others. 

@rellkan posted, "Just an update for anyone that is experiencing this issue and happens to stumble across this thread; EA support seems to be aware of the issue, because after explaining the problem, my CS agent deleted the gifted copy of the game and replaced it with a new version that now works as it should. Cheers." in that thread. I hope this helps.

So if your CS agent seems to be reluctant to do that, you can refer them to that post if they are unaware of that fix.

Message 4 of 14 (3,012 Views)

★★★★ Novice

im having this exact same stupid issue, ive done EERYTHIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ive been googling all week, deleting and installing over and over. none of my fkn dlc will work. i see tons of people who had this problem but nobody ever posts a solution. im on ps4 so i cant repair nothing works i can only access emporium which i dont even use. none of the dlc or addons work at all they dont show up im pissed!!!

Message 5 of 14 (2,802 Views)

Hero

@melodicmizery To be clear, are you at a point in the storyline where the DLC unlocks? For Descent and jaws of Hakkon you have to complete the quest "In Your Heart Shall Burn" and for Trespasser you have to complete the game.

Addons should be in a chest indicated on your map with an exclamation mark.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 14 (2,786 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

yah its just not registering, nothing is registering except the emporium. ive re downloaded the game over 4 times now. ive tried deleting all saves and starting a fresh new game 3 times. the bonus items wont even appear in the chest in the begginning of the game. nothing appears on the map except emporium. ive looked before and after beating the game and the dlcs wont appear at all. ive tried redownloading everything multiple times and everything. ive been googling this nonstop reading forums and it seems like tons of people had the same issue 2 years ago but no real answers ever came up. the only real answer i found was people getting a new code on origin pc and it working but im on ps4. its driving me insane i basically have loads of content that wont work or install. even though when i start the game on a fresh install i see everything pop up saying it installed, but it doesnt. 

i have 120 hours put into the game, over 200 power points (i been so bored hoping the dlc would pop up if i roamed aorund more i been doing random * lol), and i think im level 24. nothing will show on the world map or in the chests, even the bonus horse wont show. 

Message 7 of 14 (2,770 Views)

I would either contact EA at  Use the call back or chat option(firefox browser I have heard works best)

or contact Playstation help and see if they can do anything.

From reading this thread, it seems a server side issue, that crops up......and if this is the case EA/PS will be the only ones who can do anything...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 8 of 14 (2,761 Views)

Hero

Also make sure you're logged into your account on the game's main menu. That's another common cause for DLC not showing up.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 9 of 14 (2,753 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i made sure it was logged in. i also even tried it not loging in, i tried it with the ps4 disconnected from the entire network and then turning it on after. i tried disconnecting then reconnecting. anything log in related ive tried every combination i could think of. =(

Message 10 of 14 (2,735 Views)