DA:I Borderless window (taskbar)

by TomCoper

Original Post

Accepted Solution

DA:I Borderless window (taskbar)

★★ Novice

Hi i wanted to play DA:I again after some time and i play in (borderless) window fullscreen but i can't get rid of taskbar. He is always overlayed over game screen. I wonder if someone else has same problem and if so is there a solution ? Or what caused it ? (pardon my english).Thank you.

Message 1 of 12 (14,108 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: DA:I Borderless window (taskbar)

Community Manager

I'm unsure why it would start now, I've seen quite a few cases (unrelated to gaming) where folks are reporting similar issues, but there doesn't seem to be a single fix. 

For example apparently unpinning an item from the task bar fixed it in some cases. They could then re-pin the item without issue. 

In another case an item that used the toolbar (Google Hangouts) was set to "Always on top" which apparently forced the toolbar into this status too. 

If you do find a fix I'd be interested to know what happened. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 12 (16,096 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@TomCooper Hi, I think this is a setting for the taskbar itself. If you right-click empty space on it and choose properties can you try setting this to auto-hide itself and see if that helps?

What Operating System are you on, I'm not sure if it's different for different OSs.

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 12 (14,085 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi , I use windows 10. I think hide taskbar can be used as solution but i am wondering why it is happening now i have over 500 hours and never had problem with borderless.

Message 3 of 12 (14,075 Views)

Community Manager

I'm unsure why it would start now, I've seen quite a few cases (unrelated to gaming) where folks are reporting similar issues, but there doesn't seem to be a single fix. 

For example apparently unpinning an item from the task bar fixed it in some cases. They could then re-pin the item without issue. 

In another case an item that used the toolbar (Google Hangouts) was set to "Always on top" which apparently forced the toolbar into this status too. 

If you do find a fix I'd be interested to know what happened. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 12 (16,097 Views)

★★ Novice

It is strange. I play many ofther games in borderless like witcher 3 or world of warcraft and there is no problem with taskbar but if i find anything i will let you know. Thank you.

Message 5 of 12 (14,061 Views)

Community Manager

I do recall having similar issues with other games in the past (I too am a fan of Fullscreen Windowed) but the problems all went away on their own.

It sounds like the taskbar primacy can be a little wonky for everyone, but it's generally ignored as it's not hugely impactful. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 12 (14,052 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Not guaranteed to work for everyone, or even most people, but this worked for me.

I went to Display Settings, changed my text size from small to large, returned it back to small and taskbar disappeared from game.

I have no idea how this worked, I discovered it by complete random through a suggestion on a Starcraft forum. That fix did not help that Starcaft player, but it solved my DAI problem.

This is completely on Microsoft with their Windows update and so far all methods to fix this issue has been some really random small changed in settings and apparently super specific with each computer.

EDIT#1.

Never mind, this solution only worked temporary. Taskbar returns once you start the game again and the fix doesn't replicate. Wait until Microsoft fixes it, which considering this issue is ongoing for months you'll have to be super patient.

Message 7 of 12 (10,153 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So for those of you who this did not work for... I can't help... at least not all of you i mean. So my fix for this on Dragon Age is unique to me because I opted to use two screens; (Windows 10) Right click your taskbar and go to settings, look for the Multiple displays section and turn off "Show Taskbar on all Displays" once that is done you can also move to unlock the taskbar and exit the settings. Now you can just drag your task bar to the 2nd monitor and your main one will have a full screen DAI Standard smile 

I realize this may not help everyone but at least it will help some. 

Message 8 of 12 (8,711 Views)

★★ Novice

I know this is probably very late, but for anyone still having this problem; if you have an AMD gpu try switching from dx11 to mantle, this fixed it for me.

Message 9 of 12 (8,023 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I know I'm very late too, but I experienced the same issue today.

If anyone else has the problem: use a 3rd party programm called "borderless gaming". It's available on steam ( http://store.steampowered.com/app/388080/Borderless_Gaming/ ). Seems to be no longer available on github.
Fixed it for me.

(Thanks to the original thread on reddit with the solution: https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonage/comments/4w6ulu/no_spoilers_windows_update_has_created_a_taskbar/ )
Message 10 of 12 (5,789 Views)