DA:I - Barrier spell failure

by Boo_Urns22

Original Post

Accepted Solution

DA:I - Barrier spell failure

★★★★★ Newbie

Barrier no longer works. My player character no longer gains the benefits of the spell.  Video link below:

Barrier failure to work

Message 1 of 7 (2,028 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: DA:I - Barrier spell failure

Hero

Are you using any accessories or sigils (they came with Trespasser, go on your armour) which affect your max barrier? I seem to remember one which does something like increase your health and decrease your barrier, or something along those lines. Check your equipment, let us know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (2,156 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Expert

Remove any mods, do not use any cheats and, repair the game. See if it works then.

Message 2 of 7 (2,021 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

No mods or cheats have been used.  This is vanilla DA:I.

Trying repair now...

UPDATE:

Repaired - no change.  Still doesn't work.

Message 3 of 7 (2,017 Views)

Hero

Are you using any accessories or sigils (they came with Trespasser, go on your armour) which affect your max barrier? I seem to remember one which does something like increase your health and decrease your barrier, or something along those lines. Check your equipment, let us know.

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

Message 4 of 7 (2,157 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yes, I have the sigil of the bronto.  I misread it as +100% barrier, not -100%.  Removing the sigil fixed it.  Thank you!  :eahigh_file:

Message 5 of 7 (1,980 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've noticed mine also doing this, but my game is also crashing when I'm in combat and I was wondering if it's related. Saying it's loosing connection to the server. Also the interact button isn't working sometimes. It's very frustrating about 150hrs into the game.

Message 6 of 7 (1,138 Views)

Hero

@RavenLH Would probably need a dxdiag or something for the other stuff, but the lost connection to the server error tends to happen (weirdly) on some Inquisitors if you or a party member use certain fire spells (I think it was immolate and maybe fire mines). Try taking those abilities away from any companions and don't use them yourself if you're a mage, see if that prevents that error. 

Message 7 of 7 (1,120 Views)