DA:I Adamant Fortress party keeps freezing

by Elflady7794

Original Post

Accepted Solution

DA:I Adamant Fortress party keeps freezing

★★ Novice

I'm starting to go crazy with the bugs that are all of a sudden in DA:I, my first few playthroughs a year or two ago were almost bugfree but now they are everywhere. The most common one being that a warrior freezes in combat or that the game freezes during loading screens when I fast travel to a new area. Those I can live with however, but not the latest one that has appeared.

I am currently on the main quest 'Here Lies the Abyss' and everything is working fine until just before you encounter Erimond. After you have helped free the last of the siege points and pass through one last area with two demons there is a room with a chest to loot and everytime I get halfway though the room my character freezes, as does everything else as if I had pressed the pause button. This can be fixed by switching to another character, but then the problem is the same when I try to cross the room again. After having tried several times all my characters are far enough into the room to all be frozen. I can still move the camera and open the menu, trying to load a save usually just causes the loading to freeze though.

I have tried lowering all graphic settings to the lowest as that helped with a crash in DA: Origins but it does notheing here, I have also reloaded an older save and restarted the quest but it's still the same bug in the same room. I also right clicked on the game and choose repair, but it has done nothing as well. I do play with a few mods this time around, I have already uninstalled those that weren't too important but so far nothing has helped. My last choice is to uninstall the remaining mods and see if that works.

Have anyone had this problem as well? I don't want to waste the almost 30 hours in this save file because of this crappy bug but I can't seem to find a solution anywhere on the internet either. Does anyone have any tips or a solution for this? I know this game isn't supported anymore but I would like to still be able to play it at least, I already have problems with Origins itself and I don't enjoy having problems with the games as well.

Message 1 of 3 (987 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: DA:I Adamant Fortress party keeps freezing

[ Edited ]

Playing on an AMD Ryzen 7 built system running Win10, I recently went through this area without issue.  Since you say you are running mods, then the first step would be to remove all mods, repair the game again, and then retry the area, trying both a save just before issue and one before going to that map completely(restarting that specific quest).   If that doesn't work, then you may consider a complete uninstall of the game, reinstall without mods and then restarting from a save before going to the area.

If neither of these works, then you may try posting up a DxDiag file, but I don't know why it would make a difference ...couldn't hurt though....

You may also check the mod pages and see if they list this as an issue or a conflict when used with certain mods....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (1,123 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

Playing on an AMD Ryzen 7 built system running Win10, I recently went through this area without issue.  Since you say you are running mods, then the first step would be to remove all mods, repair the game again, and then retry the area, trying both a save just before issue and one before going to that map completely(restarting that specific quest).   If that doesn't work, then you may consider a complete uninstall of the game, reinstall without mods and then restarting from a save before going to the area.

If neither of these works, then you may try posting up a DxDiag file, but I don't know why it would make a difference ...couldn't hurt though....

You may also check the mod pages and see if they list this as an issue or a conflict when used with certain mods....

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 2 of 3 (1,124 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for the tips, I got it working now finally. I removed all but the four mods I really wanted to keep if possible, did another repair and also for good measure scanned through my computer as well and now the game works again, still the minor bugs but at least I finally got past the fortress. I guess one of the mods must have been the issue although none were any big change on the game or an area.

Message 3 of 3 (957 Views)