Cutscenes won't load after arriving at Skyhold

by MaxxyTheNoob

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cutscenes won't load after arriving at Skyhold

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hey everyone

I just started my first playthrough on PC, used to play on PS4. My problem is that after arriving at Skyhold the cutscenes just won't load.

Like, the screen goes black (or keeps the persons name button and my HUD visible but everything else goes black) and it will load and load and load forever, but nothing happens.

Before coming to Skyhold I had no issues at all.

I am 99,9% sure it is not a hardware issue and doesn't have to do with graphics-settings. Yes I use mods.

Can anyone give me a tip? I am really loosing my patience Frown

Thanks in advance

Maxxy

Message 1 of 2 (686 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cutscenes won't load after arriving at Skyhold

Since you are using mods, one of the first things is to remove said mods, repair the install and try the game.  You can also look into the mods pages and see if anyone else posted similar issues.  Other than that, a DxDiag file for us to see your hardware and maybe some faults at the end, and things you can try are, changing resolution of your display, changing quality levels of the game graphics, repair the game install, and do a sfc/scannow of your system to see if you have a windows issue.

If you ask me to bet a penny on what is the cause, then I would bet on a mod conflict.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (671 Views)

All Replies

Re: Cutscenes won't load after arriving at Skyhold

Since you are using mods, one of the first things is to remove said mods, repair the install and try the game.  You can also look into the mods pages and see if anyone else posted similar issues.  Other than that, a DxDiag file for us to see your hardware and maybe some faults at the end, and things you can try are, changing resolution of your display, changing quality levels of the game graphics, repair the game install, and do a sfc/scannow of your system to see if you have a windows issue.

If you ask me to bet a penny on what is the cause, then I would bet on a mod conflict.

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 2 of 2 (672 Views)