Crestwood: "Weeding out Bandits" quest

by d8077639

Original Post

Crestwood: "Weeding out Bandits" quest

★★★ Newbie

I have completed everything in Crestwood except the "Weeding out Bandits" quest. The bandits simply do not spawn anywhere. I also cannot access the world map remotely - maybe these two issues are linked.

Message 1 of 7 (7,394 Views)

Re: Crestwood: "Weeding out Bandits" quest

Community Manager

I suspect they're linked alright.

If you make it to a zone transition/fast travel point try to leave and return, then see if the spawn kicks in. 

I just popped to my Crestwood save and I was able to warp out without issue, perhaps your party is stuck in a weird state.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 7 (7,370 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My issues with this area started when Sera gave me a quest to get some reward for one of her Red Jenny jobs. I spawned into Crestwood East Hills region, some dude came up to me and said some guy made him trick Sera...he got killed by some bandits. When I killed the bandits, nothing happened. I think a "boss" was supposed to spawn or something. I was stuck in the northern area without and exit, except a boarded up tunnel so I left by jumping on a slope and walked around the edge of the map to leave.

Message 3 of 7 (7,358 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

This happened to me, too, at precisely the same point (Sera's Red Jenny mission - no boss, boarded up area, then no World Map option and no bandits spawning.)

I was able to leave via the South Road exit which lead to the world map, but when I returned to Crestwood, still no world map option otherwise, and still no bandits. The wolves in Dead Man's Pass spawned every time, though.

I'm playing on a Windows 7 PC, if that helps.

Message 4 of 7 (7,354 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also have this problem. Any known fixes yet?

Message 5 of 7 (7,192 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So, I didn't have any quick travel issues in Crestwood at any point, but I also had issues doing this quest.

Reading the other answers here, I think the issue with Sera's mission is one that I 'nearly' experienced. The reason for that is that I simply almost missed the NPC noble that you have to talk to to finish the quest and then being warped out of the Crestwood area it's located in, rather than leaving it by yourself. I am playing on XboX One and had no issue after finding the NPC, talking to him and bringing the quest through, then I was warped back to Skyhold as I believe it should be. So no fast travel issues in Crestwood for me.

BUT, I was unable to complete the "Weeding out Bandits" mission and I believe it's for another reason that might be a bug or, let's say, something QA might have missed. Wink 

I picked up the 'Weeding out Bandits' mission at the end of my playthrough. This means I had literally everything done including defeating Cory and the only thing left on the war table was the "Bestowe Mourning Halla" mission. 

I noticed that, after having every single camp installed in every area in the game - including all Crestwood campsites, - killing all dragons & having fulfilled all major game missions e.g. bringing down Samson & the Red Templars, I probably have made Thedas peaceful for the moment.

This is an issue for several reasons and I think it also affects this quest. There are no Red Templars around anywhere in the game anymore because I 'weeded them out'. Additionally, all hostile mobs except for animals like Black Wolfs are absent from Crestwood now, as well. I figure the game recognizes the area as 'completed' or 'at peace'. I read somewhere that the more camps you install, the lesser hostile mobs will attack you or - like what seems to be the issue in this case - even spawn.

I am not sure if the bug is that the bandits do not spawn or rather that I was able to pick up the mission in question AFTER reinstalling peace in the area - which in relation makes the mission obsolete due to the absence of the bandits.

Some food for thought. It was kind off disappointing for me, anyways. I was aware - as the game gives a prompt on it - that some missions might not be _available_ after defeating Cory. But as the mission was _available_ and I picked it up in Crestwood Keep _after_ having done that, I thought I should be able to also resolve said mission. But after spending 1,5h camping significant camp spots I found in youtube videos on the internet, I am pretty certain they won'T & give me the pleasure of beating them up.

It is an issue for me in other areas, too, for example The Emerald Graves. I tried to go there and farm giants for money so I can buy some more stuff to pretty up my keep, but they seemed to be extinct. So I am recuced to kill black wolfs and other animals for scrap leather and sell it for change until I can afford the Qunari Stained Glass windows. x_X So sad. Would be nice if there where options in the game to grind some money post-completion to be able to gather more 'collectibles' like this.

Message 6 of 7 (6,656 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I managed to fix the problem by reloading the game.

Message 7 of 7 (1,863 Views)