Creatures missing in Haven

by Alldreamer

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Creatures missing in Haven

★★ Novice
Sometimes, when I start a new character or load a save, all neutral and aggressive animals are missing from the Haven environment. Rebooting or anything does not solve the situation, only deleting the corrupted save or starting a new character helps. While the missing creatures are not a big deal, I have noticed missing NPCs if I continue the corruted game.

This may be connected to how many other characters I have and how developed they are. I have not troughoutly explored this, but deleting all my other characters seems to help to avoid such corrupted saves with my new one.

I am mentioning this now, because after 4 patches I still have this issue and I fear the save can be corruted any time after Haven, too, but then I have no such easy indicator of it as the missing animals. It could be that I just notice someone important missing and cannot even know how long in past the save got corrupted.

However, I enjoy this game and I would like to offer my thanks to everyone who work to make it as perfect as possible.
Message 1 of 11 (4,862 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Creatures missing in Haven

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I know this is old, but just a heads up for other encountering it aswell. It seems to be related to the Golden Nug for me, atleast. I had the creatures in Haven before I syncronized with the Nug, I then saved and closed the game. After I loaded the save all the creatures were gone. I haven't experienced any missing NPC's thought.

Edit: Just went back to an earlier save before the Nug Sync, and true enough, there are now creatures in Haven.

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (4,380 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I know this is old, but just a heads up for other encountering it aswell. It seems to be related to the Golden Nug for me, atleast. I had the creatures in Haven before I syncronized with the Nug, I then saved and closed the game. After I loaded the save all the creatures were gone. I haven't experienced any missing NPC's thought.

Edit: Just went back to an earlier save before the Nug Sync, and true enough, there are now creatures in Haven.

Message 2 of 11 (4,381 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Thanks for checking this out and posting your findings on our forum @Weltenfeind191 Standard smile

While we don't plan to release any more updates for DAI, which could fix this issue, it's always good to know the source of the problem and a possible workaround.

Cheers!

/Ataashi

Message 3 of 11 (4,126 Views)

★★★ Guide

I just encountered this on xbox. However, I didnt sync the golden nug. I have it, but haven't used it. I dont want to delete my characters. Any other work arounds?

Message 4 of 11 (3,837 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I just encountered this problem for the first time. I synced my savegames with the Golden Nug, went into the armor crafting table, and when I came back out, Harritt was missing. Went back in to make armor for a companion, and the companion was missing (their name was there, but they didn't physically show up). Took a wander around Haven, and Seggrit, Varric, Solas, and Adan were missing. So I thought, maybe it'll reset if I "report to Haven's chantry." Nuh-uh. No cutscene. The door opened after a long load time, and the Chantry was almost completely empty. The savegame was corrupt.

Quit and went back to the quicksave before syncing. Should be fine. Maybe. This is new, and really frustrating.

Message 5 of 11 (3,627 Views)

★★★ Novice

i'm having this issue too - a very new thing, and really really annoying. Vanilla and modded have the same problem, assuming I can load the save itself, and it hasn't corrupted on me. inside Haven's walls are usually ok, but outside? nobody in the smithy, nobody around where the soldiers are training, no animals.

Message 6 of 11 (3,465 Views)

★★ Novice

After Reloading my HP bar goes from 6 to 3, and I can't generate guard... Realllly anooying

Message 7 of 11 (2,852 Views)

★ Novice

Missing animals? Save your position inside Haven (not in the wild) and load. This solution works for me.

Message 8 of 11 (2,611 Views)

★★ Novice

Have same issue with NPCs animals and Important people that you need to speak with will vanish, and reloading does not help. I have reloaded auto saves and regular manual saves and sometimes they reappear and most times they still are gone, yet I can hear them having a conversation with other NPCs so I know they are there just either below world or invisible.

Message 9 of 11 (2,480 Views)

★★★ Novice
@JanaPhobia This worked for me, however it was only missing animals and not missing NPCs. I went into the Chantry then saved and reloaded and the animals were back. I have no idea if this will generally work but it's worth a try.
Message 10 of 11 (1,688 Views)