Re: Crashing without error message consistently [Patch 10]

by Fyia1218

Original Post

★★ Novice

Same here I tested a lot and this only started after patch 10 and never happened before, i cant figure out what it is or could be but im tired of not being able to play the game at all, after about 5 mins or so it just ctd's with no message or anything.

Message 11 of 20 (739 Views)

★★ Novice

I too have started to experience this issue.

I got the last DLC (Trespasser) and the game starts crashing to the desktop in the middle of battles.  I am running Windows 10 and my graphics card is an Nvidia GTX 980.  The game ran fine until this latest issue; just finished playing through The Descent with no problems.  None of the new optional difficulty settings are in effect, but some of the companions I have with me are using the new "alternative" versions of abilities.

The crash seems to be connected to special effects in the game -- my inquisitor is a mage and so all of the times the game crashed for me, was when I had used some bombastic spell with lots of on-screen visual effects, such as Chain Lightning.  My theory is that the problem may actually a combination of graphics driver and game patch issues -- in other words there's a bug somewhere that appeared that's causing some sort of catastrophic memory error or some such that has the effect of "hitting Alt-F4" and bouncing back to your desktop.

I'm going to try out the game on a machine with an AMD CPU and AMD graphics card in Mantle mode to see if the crash also appears there. 

Message 12 of 20 (731 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

No need Retrocade, I am playing with a Athlon x4 860k and ATI R9 280 and use mantle. As I stated it isn't hardware related nor is there any software fix on our end that can remedy this otherwise I would have found it even if it meant playing in a tiny window on the lowest graphics with no dlc downloaded I would have done it if only to be able to play. But I have tried everything I could think of. This is a fix only the guys who released the update/patch can fix because it was something they did that is the source of the issue.

Specs:
Athlon x4 860k OC +20%

ATI R9 280 OC Edition

12 GB DDR3 1600

VelociRaptor 160GBx2 Raid 0

20" Acer x203H Monitor (1600x900)

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

**Update**

Lung and Slash has been confirmed to be the cause of this crash. Bioware is aware and is working on it. For now, respect any warrior you have and make sure they are not using this attack. As soon as it is used on a target it causes the game to crash. Respec and removed the attack and have not had a crash since.

Message 13 of 20 (720 Views)

★ Apprentice

No solutions yet? I'm having the same issue... Not harward problem. I'vee trying reinstalling the game, and reinstalling origins, but nothing. Still kicks me out of the game without any error message.

Message 14 of 20 (700 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Partial Solution: I've manage to play without any problems yet by removing from my abilities menu "Lunge and Slash". Also i remove this one for Cassandra too. And I was able to play "fine".

Message 15 of 20 (698 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've been crashing since the very beginning and during town idles. Unless enemy NPCs are also using this skill and causing it, I don't believe it to be the entire source of the issue.

Message 16 of 20 (676 Views)

★ Apprentice

@aristolo wrote:

I've been crashing since the very beginning and during town idles. Unless enemy NPCs are also using this skill and causing it, I don't believe it to be the entire source of the issue.

I don't know. Since I downgrade the Lung and Slash for Blackwall, Cassandra and myself the crash stop.

Message 17 of 20 (668 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have this problem as well, though what i noticed is that it only happens if i get hit by a whirlwind attack, from any of those hakkar warriors. And only if the main character gets hit, i get crash to desktop.

I didn't install the last dlc yet but the other two i have.

I hope this information might help with finding this problem at least.

Message 18 of 20 (620 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Lung and slash has nothing to do with this crash. The same crash has been happening more and more frequently in multiplayer to the point where you now are lucky to get xp from 1 run in 10 attempts. Since CTD wipes the XP earned in multiplayer match. It has been a week now where multiplayer is nearly unplayable and it takes 8 matches at least to get a level 19 to level 20 unless you solo and suicide after map one repeatedly. 

The crash has NO error message NO system log NO game log. Is unaffected by any video settings. Neither does it matter what resolution/window type it is running in.

The chances of a "lunge and slash" being used in multiplayer is slim since very few people use that ability and the crash happens even when there are no melee characters on a team at all.

So stating this is "confirmed" when it obviously has no relation to the CTD issue since last pach is a little ... "premature" to say the least.

Message 19 of 20 (598 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm usually cool and collected when I post on here...but this is * pissing me off.  I've been trying to play ALL NIGHT and I've managed to do maybe 5 things because every few mins it crashes to desktop for not freaking reason.  I have done all of the suggestions and it is still happening.  This is my all time favorite game and I've replayed it so much and now I can't do jack* because the game will just bam disappear.

Message 20 of 20 (588 Views)