Crashing on Startup

by mjolnir357

Original Post

Re: Crashing on Startup

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

maloo78 wrote:

Same here. I downloaded the game over the last 2 days and when it was ready and I launched it, it crashed without error message.

Event viewer shows one error entry:

Faulting application name: DragonAgeInquisition.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x545d333f

Faulting module name: d3d9.dll, version: 6.3.9600.17415, time stamp: 0x54505402

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000000000224f5

Faulting process id: 0x1994

Faulting application start time: 0x01d0094619ee4bb8

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\DragonAgeInquisition.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\d3d9.dll

Report Id: 5be77cfc-7539-11e4-825d-600292630c96

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

My dxdiag also shows no errors (except for the dx setup paramenters not found). Since I am on a Surface Pro 3, I installed the latest Intel driver (not the MS issued one)  - if Windows Update does not solve the issue, I will try to roll back to the standard driver and check if that helps.

Here is my hastebin: http://hastebin.com/kolavutimu.tex

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Looks like you have a directx file missing, this should help.

Navigate to, programs(x86)>Origin>games>DragonAgeInquisition>_installer>directx>redist.

Right-click on DXSETUP.exe, and run as administrator.

Not convinced you can run DA:I properly on a windows tablet. Confusedmileyhappy: 

Message 21 of 120 (9,205 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Well, I "experimented" by resetting the graphics driver to the MS delivered one (instead of the newer one from Intel, which is supposed to give a speed boost).

After that and all windows updates, the game starts and runs without issues.

For sure, being on a tablet-pc-hybrid I have to content myself with "low" settings and a small resolution. Suffice to say it is not graphically stunning, but if that had been important to me, I would have bought a regular pc for gaming ;-) But it does run, and even without any tweaks quite acceptably so.

Maybe tomorrow I will test with the other driver and the directx setup again, in order to see if I can achieve a performance increase.

Message 22 of 120 (9,173 Views)

★ Novice

If it makes you feel an better I have a gaming computer that can run the game on Ultra and it crashes for me ever time I cant figure it out nothing seems to work.

Message 23 of 120 (9,169 Views)

Message 24 of 120 (9,163 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Same problem here, all the drivers are updated.

EDIT: solved for me. It's an Origin problem. Just deactivate the Origin chat from all the game, from Origin Settings ---> In Game Origin Settings ----> uncheck "activate origin in game". Sorry but my origin is in Italian, I don't know the correct terms.

Message 25 of 120 (9,145 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello
Is your operating system is Windows 8.1?
If so be sure to delete the latter optional update to the operating system that you have his inauguration: KB3000850
This problem is caused by this update has to inform you about Microsoft offers users many of the problems caused by this update, which brought about many changes in the DXD:

D3d9.dll,6.3.9600.17415,"1,907,384",29-Oct-14,3:12,x86,,

Message 26 of 120 (9,102 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I confirm that also it solved for me. Disable the option

@thessian wrote:

Same problem here, all the drivers are updated.

EDIT: solved for me. It's an Origin problem. Just deactivate the Origin chat from all the game, from Origin Settings ---> In Game Origin Settings ----> uncheck "activate origin in game". Sorry but my origin is in Italian, I don't know the correct terms.

Message 27 of 120 (9,044 Views)

★ Novice

Disabling the Origins In Game didn't work for me Frown

Here is my hastebin: http://hastebin.com/cimozocewo.tex

Thank you!

Message 28 of 120 (8,866 Views)

★★ Guide

@erickoh25 wrote:

Disabling the Origins In Game didn't work for me Frown

Here is my hastebin: http://hastebin.com/cimozocewo.tex

Thank you!

Check the game set to run in high performance mode in your nvidia control panel, under manage 3d settings.

Message 29 of 120 (8,861 Views)

★★★ Newbie

also fixed for me - thanks much!

Message 30 of 120 (8,713 Views)