Re: Controller not recognized by DAI

by EA_QueenBee

Original Post

Controller not recognized by DAI

★★★ Newbie

I have an Xbox one/series X/series S wireless bluetooth controller that Dragon Age: Inquisition on Origin is not seeing.

I currently am running Windows 11 on an Asus ROG strix laptop with 32gb ram, Nvidia RTX 3070, AMD Ryzen 9

The controller works fine for all of my other computer games, no issues. DAI doesn't let me switch to controller manually.

I have tried;

making sure controller is on for game boot

making sure controller is on for initial Origin boot

plugging controller directly into computer

deleting both profile option files from save folder

editing the profile option file so game boots in controller mode (this causes the game to say there is an error and no controller is recognized)

ensuring my controller is the only device recognized as a controller on my computer

making sure all drivers (controller and otherwise) are up to date on computer

making sure windows is up to date

making sure Origin is up to date

repairing the game

uninstalling and reinstalling the game

Nothing seems to work. I tried contacting EA and they said that EA does not support controller play for games on PC, that they were not trained to handle this particular issue, and that I should just post on the forums.

Message 1 of 3 (1,115 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @FoxesPaw,

Unfortunately I know that DA:I has issues detecting wireless controllers. I’m afraid that I don’t have any solutions to this other than try using a wired controller. The only supported controller is the Xbox 360 controller, which is wired.

If you do manage to find a fix, please share it here in the forums. I know that a lot of players will be very grateful.

EA_QueenBeeAHQ.png

Wees aardig voor elkaar | Be kind to each other
Message 2 of 3 (1,039 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello

got the same issue. Can't EA fix it since the game is included in Xbox game pass for PC?

Message 3 of 3 (700 Views)