Re: Controller Unrecognized Game unable to set

by EA_Atic

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

My 360 controller has stopped working since the latest patch. Working fine with every other games. Game detects my controller but nothing happens when I press start or anything.

1 - Unplugged all other USB

2 - Disabled all others HID or controllers in Device Manager

3 - Controller working fine on all other games.

Coudn't bare the game control with kb+m so unfortunately I would have to wait until it's fixed. Sigh.

Message 11 of 18 (2,780 Views)

★★★ Newbie

EA doesnot care about it users! everytime i deal wiyh EA its like goin to hell

Message 12 of 18 (2,627 Views)

★★ Pro

Please go to and read the original post in this thread, regarding wireless controllers and mice.

[PC]Ongoing investigation

Message 13 of 18 (2,625 Views)

★ Novice

So true! My Logitech Rumble worked just fine couple of months ago. And it just stopped after some patch. I have the latest drivers, no other controllers. My gamepad works on all other games. I' very dissapointed.

Message 14 of 18 (2,018 Views)

★★ Novice
In my case I had to set the service Windows Management Instrumentation to 'manual'. hit win^r, type 'services.msc' find the above name and doubleclick it. Put it to manual and it should start when needed.
Message 15 of 18 (1,913 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I too have a Razer Sabertooth and Logitech F310 however last year my Razer Sabertooth was working just fine for this game and now no longer is but the Logitech F310 is and of course I do not have both controllers connected at the same time.

I looked at the solutions like Disabling the "HID-Compliant game controller" that shows up when the controller is no longer connected to the computer however even with my Sabertooth connected no "HID-Compliant game controller" was present instead under Human interface devices it showed as "Controller (Razer Sabertooth Elite)".

So I went to "Microsoft Common Controller For Windows Class" then right clicked on "Xbox 360 Controller for Windows" and clicked "Uninstall" and then unplugged my Razer Sabertooth and plugged it in again and it reinstalled the drivers however in Human interface devices  "Controller (Razer Sabertooth Elite)" was not there and instead "HID-Compliant game controller" was there and my Razer Sabertooth now works in Dragon age Inquisition.

Message 16 of 18 (1,878 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Admiral_Kong i'm not computer tech savy so correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think i can uninstall keyboard and mouse when on a laptop without using all function? i don't have any other controller or gamepads owned let alone plugged. just my xbox one controller. so I'm not really sure what to do.
Message 17 of 18 (983 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Dragon Age, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 18 of 18 (870 Views)