Console, add gold or xp

by jkvolbaek

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Console, add gold or xp

★★ Novice

Are these options still available?? I have tried to enter the "runscript" commands, but I am told that they are unknown.. If someone has a guide to enabling the commands, I would be very greatful.. For what it's worth, I open the game through origins

Message 1 of 8 (71,015 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Console, add gold or xp

[ Edited ]
Hero

@jkvolbaek If you're talking about console commands on PC, those have never worked in DAI. It is a different engine than the previous games, so the console commands from the old games do not work (and as far as I've seen in the many years since the game come out, there aren't any that do). 
There are mods and 3rd party programs which will allow you to add gold/level up faster, but they of course are not supported by EA/Bioware. Wink 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (70,988 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

@jkvolbaek If you're talking about console commands on PC, those have never worked in DAI. It is a different engine than the previous games, so the console commands from the old games do not work (and as far as I've seen in the many years since the game come out, there aren't any that do). 
There are mods and 3rd party programs which will allow you to add gold/level up faster, but they of course are not supported by EA/Bioware. Wink 

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

Message 2 of 8 (70,989 Views)

★★ Novice
@Leora85 Seems weird that there should be a console with no commands to it?

http://www.underash.net/consoles/dragon-age-inquisition-console-commands/ talks very freely about it for instance, but I just can't get it to work
Message 3 of 8 (70,980 Views)

Hero

@jkvolbaek Just because the internet says it doesn't make it true... some of those commands look like the ones from previous games (again, from a different engine). 

There are commands for the console, I believe, just not the cheating type (try typing help in the console and it should tell you some). 

Message 4 of 8 (70,973 Views)

★★ Novice

Fair enough :D I admit that I am the trusting type, so I may have been fooled Standard smile

Message 5 of 8 (70,968 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@jkvolbaek;  There are several Console Commands that work in DAI, but they are not the ones you want. 

If you invoke the Console by hitting the tilde ( " ~ " ) key, you can type "list" to see the available commands.  Most have to do with the graphics engine and other technical aspects of the game.

Message 6 of 8 (70,941 Views)

★ Novice

Looks like I fell into the trolled train ROFL yeet, I upgraded to PC so I thought I'd buy DAI thinking I could use console commands, and yet I could not get the awesome commands I wanted to work, and now I see this. Well derp.

Message 7 of 8 (35,793 Views)

@BoredomVirusXP  while conse commands don't work, mods do, so you can probably do whatever you wish by investigating nexus or other good morning sites.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 8 of 8 (35,779 Views)