Consistent hangups/Freezes

by JackBinimbul

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Consistent hangups/Freezes

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Firstly, I should preface this by saying I do NOT meet the minimum system requirements, but that my issue doesn't seem linked to performance in that sense.  

Specs:

Windows 7 64x

AMD FX 6300 Six core 3.5

8 gig RAM

GeForce GT 430 (there's my bottleneck)

Symptoms:

I can play the game fine for a few minutes and then it starts to hang.  Every 30 seconds to 60 seconds, like clock work for 10-15 seconds.  This, of course, renders it unplayable.  It doens't matter what I'm doing.  I could be in menus, I could be in battle.  I can even be completely out of the 'game' and at the title screen.  There is no sudden frame rate drop, no stutter, just complete stop and then complete recovery at an endless loop until I completley close and restart the game.  Then I can play for a few minutes before it starts again.

Diagnostic steps taken:

Have tried a wide range of settings from bottom of the barrel to high with no difference.

Have tried offline mode in both Origin and DAI.

Have updated drivers.

Have done malware/virus checks.

Have run registry repairs and basic maintenance.

Have watched for CPU or RAM spikes during these events.  Nothing.

Thoughts?  Advice?  If your first response is "Get a new GPU", yes...I am...but that does not seem to be the issue.

Message 1 of 3 (694 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Consistent hangups/Freezes

★★★★★ Novice

I HAVE RESOLVED THIS ISSUE

For those whom are also experiencing this problem; it is tied to Origin.  From Origin, click the Origin button in the upper left, go to Application Settings, then Origin In Game.  Disable this feature.  

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (626 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice

I HAVE RESOLVED THIS ISSUE

For those whom are also experiencing this problem; it is tied to Origin.  From Origin, click the Origin button in the upper left, go to Application Settings, then Origin In Game.  Disable this feature.  

Message 2 of 3 (627 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Ancient thread, but solution still works.

Note, I just started a new game and downloaded some DLC that I had never played, the DLC install enabled "Origin in Game" which I had previously turned off. So, if you pick up any DLC and start having this issue, check to make sure the "Origin in Game" setting is turned off per @JackBinimbul  post.

Message 3 of 3 (465 Views)