Connection to Dragon Age server lost / Unable to connect to Dragon Age server

by Maevos

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Connection to Dragon Age server lost / Unable to connect to Dragon Age server

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I really do not have the energy or the will to type the whole issue. I have been unable to connect since I first launched the game and that was three weeks ago. DevilSexton explained the whole thing quite well in the previous thread so here is a copy/paste of the whole thing because this has also been my experience so far too;

"I have no idea how this is acceptable, I've asked for a refund and have gotten no reply. I've contacted customer support only to be put on hold to the point where they're just expecting you to hang up.

I have opened ports, re-installed, deleted origin/dragon age re-installed, checked firewalls, released/reconfigured/reset IP, repaired dragon age install, disable origin in game (and enabled, tried both in each setting) tried the tracer method, tried a different user method, tried deleting the local/roaming appdata, re-installed on two different drives, enabled complete access through anti-virus. Turned firewalls completely off, turned anti-virus completely off.

I've even though about sacraficing a lamb to see if that might appease a supernatural entity to taking pity on me for this foolish amount of effort wasted because a gigantic video game company fails to do their job. 

You pay people for this, we in turn pay you, you're winning accolades. 
But it's no better than a corrupt mayor being given keys to the city.

At the very least, make it so the Keep Data doesn't require a bloody internet connection, no reason a file shouldn't be able to be imported.
This is what we call poor planning. As much as I'd love to play Multiplayer with friends online, as I'm involved with a huge Dragon Age-centric community that would love to play alongside their friend... I'll settle for part of a promised game.

Worse is the complete disregard for this post because someone marked it as a "solution" temporarily, when no solution has been offered that works. Absolutely no one is following through. 

If I'm not mistaken legalities can be tricky, but one of the selling points of this game has been that you can change the world state. If such a feature is not accessible to all parties, it would be an inaccurate claim. I've been in my share of class-action lawsuits, and with enough momentum one could surely be organized if all the features are not available to be used. See Playstation's recent lawsuit. Even if the lawsuit isn't successful it would cost more legal fees and time of the involved companies than actually being respectful and fixing the problems. We'll be watching. "

So yeah, quite a lot of people are waiting for a solution to this. I'm extremely sure that there is nothing wrong with our networks or systems and that it is actually an account based problem. The server simply refuses connection to certain accounts. This seriously needs to be looked at both by EA and Bioware. But I'm not holding my breath.

Edit: If you are having the same issue, please comment here and keep this at the top.

Message 1 of 154 (25,442 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Connection to Dragon Age server lost / Unable to connect to Dragon Age serve

★★★★★ Apprentice

Well guess what. I was right all along. Downloaded the trial version today and connected without a hitch. Even played multiplayer a bit.

Then I launched my digital deluxe version and got the "Connection to the Dragon Age server has been lost" error.

Right now EA needs to remove the game from my library and reimburse me with a new key/license but I can't get in touch with an advisor. I waited for hours to speak to one today and no one picked up my case.

It's fine guys, you don't have to reimburse me. I'm a gamer, I'm used to getting swindled by game companies. Just talk to me so we can remove the game from my account.

View in thread

Message 136 of 154 (13,317 Views)

All Replies

Re: Connection to Dragon Age server lost / Unable to connect to Dragon Age serve

★★★ Novice

I'd say I'd second this, but that would seem egotistical and borderline sociopathic no? :P
Ten to one they just merge this thread with the other one and don't notice what we're saying.
Yet, a bazillion other replies appear all over the place, facebook, forums, etc.

And the silence here only leaves me to believe, they have no idea what the problem is.

Message 2 of 154 (25,109 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Even if they just merge this with the other post, it is worth a shot to at least try to get EA's attention on this.

Quoting exactly what I said in the other thread:

"I've been having the same issue ever since I acquired the game - which I preordered the Deluxe Edition from Origin 6 months before the release.

The game simply doesn't recognize I'm connected to the Origin servers, when I'm clearly connected to Origin (or else I wouldn't be able to even open it since I need to log into Origin to do so).

I've tried every single fix I've found on the forums and the internet:

- Disabling antivirus and firewall

- Unblocking the game and Origin in both of the above

- Opening all ports. Tried VPN too but no luck

- Reseting host files

- Reinstalling Origin and DA:I. Multiple times.

- Repairing the game

- Disabling and enabling automatic login in game

- Installing Origin and DA:I in a different Windows User Account

Etc.

I spent weeks before the release working on my custom worldstates in the Keep just so that I could play the game my way and paid for the Deluxe Edition: and now since DA:I says I'm not connected when indeed I am I can't access that, nor deluxe content, not even multiplayer.

I'm starting to think it might be a location issue, considering I'm from Chile and I've seen several other Chilean users are having the same problem.

I've sended emails and error reports from Origin, yet I've received no answers. I check this forum periodically, but no one has given us users a real solution so far, which makes me upset for all the people that have been waiting for this game for months now and planned everything to play it the way they wanted it, but that now can't because of this issue.

Honestly I just want to access my Keep information. Is that so hard?

Please, give us a solution as soon as possible. We just want to enjoy this game as much as other people are currently doing."

At this point, this is beyond ridiculous. I asked for a refund weeks ago, but nothing. I've sent emails and error reports - nothing either.

There are several dozens of people getting this same issue, yet we have not seen a single effort from EA or Bioware to solve it or even acknowledge the problem. We PAID for this game, for God's sake. We deserve an answer.

Message 3 of 154 (25,086 Views)

★★ Novice

Bump. having same problem. Games launch, origin is online, all other programs are fine, internet is on. Still, on the mai menu, if i click "connect" all starts lagging till it says the game can' contact servers, wich is because Origin is offline (wich is wrong, it is perfectly online). Can't start a new game on a new....game....

GG EA

Message 4 of 154 (25,074 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem, and I tried all those solutions and nothing works. I'm from Argentina.

Message 5 of 154 (25,066 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same issues. US. I've been trying to log in for 5 days. Mulitple uninstalls. Made sure origin was in same drive as DAI. Disable antivirus. Glad this thread isn't marked solved, since it is still ongoing...

Message 6 of 154 (25,023 Views)

★★ Novice

Bump. Not sure what else to add here. Done all the same troubleshooting as everybody else in this post, and the game simply won't connect to the servers. Origin is logged in, as it has to be to even launch the game, so I'm not sure what else to do. I've been on hold with EA and waiting for email responses from customer service for longer than I can to admit. I've considered asking for a refund, not that it would do much good reading the other posts here, but I REALLY want to play this game with my imported world. Someday, EA will bother to provide a fix, or at least give us an update. 

Message 7 of 154 (25,019 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same issue. I asked for help on Twitter, but everything the support told me to do didn't change anything.

It's really annoying, when you can't play with you old saves, but it seems they don't really try to do something ; just to change something in OUR PC. If so much people have this issue, it's probably not our PC's fault. Still waiting for an update or a patch.

Message 8 of 154 (25,016 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Same problem here, for weeks now.

Message 9 of 154 (25,011 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Bump, because there is still neither any credible solution nor any acknowledgement from EA.

Message 10 of 154 (24,974 Views)