Re: Connection to Dragon Age server lost / Unable to connect to Dragon Age serve

by Maevos

Original Post

Re: Connection to Dragon Age server lost / Unable to connect to Dragon Age serve

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I am having this issue as well. I JUST updated it after not having played it for a while and now this happens as soon as the game starts up.

It worked before the update, now it doesn't.

Thanks a ton, EA, you useless * company.

I agree with everyone else -- at least let us take our Keep files and put them in the damn games ourselves. This is such garbage.

EDIT: I'm using the PC version.

Message 131 of 154 (2,600 Views)

★★★ Novice

I experience the same issues on PS4.
No Keep, no multiplayer. And now answers...

Message 132 of 154 (2,508 Views)

★ Novice

Same issue on PS4. I'd love a fix seeing as how a refund is not possible for opened video games. 

Message 133 of 154 (2,468 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Perhaps the solution to everyone's problem is a class action lawsuit against Bioware, and EA. One persons voice is silent, but a crowd draws attention. It is reprehensible that a manufacturer and distributor is not held accountable for defective merchandise. Merchandise that can potentially harm the equipment it requires to run.

I too have contacted Bioware. Their only solution was to replace the disc with a new disc, as long as I pay for all shipping costs. To which my reply was "If the game itself is broken why would I want a new disc?"

Bioware cares more about sinfle player exploits and gold and item duplication than their game engines. It is extremely sad that Bioware has not made a serious effort to correct their many flaws.

If I were a developer my only focus would be to fix the unplayable aspects of the game. All other small items would wait until the game itself functioned properly.
Message 134 of 154 (2,462 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I am having the same issues as the original poster, i have spent hours scouring the net for a solution with no success, and i have tried everything i found.

FIX THE GAME, its been 5 months since release, how can they ship a game like this with this many connection issues. Clearly they released DA3 before it was done, no surprise there. 6 patches later and we still have issues.

Why bother having all these online features if they don't work? 

I am losing faith in multiplayer completely. I have wasted to much time because of these connectivity issues. from losing xp in a dungeon (i've lost at LEAST 15 battles worth of xp since i bought this game 1 week ago) and trying to fix the problem myself because EA/Bioware just don't seem to care. 

AND THEY HAVE THE NERVE TO RELEASE new DLC for 14.99 (hakkon)

EA/Bioware probably have all of my info, but for others i am on a PC(32gbram,fx-8150,hd7770,ssd) in canada, ~135mbps download speed ~1.92mbps upload speed. There is no excuse for this.

Message 135 of 154 (2,363 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

Well guess what. I was right all along. Downloaded the trial version today and connected without a hitch. Even played multiplayer a bit.

Then I launched my digital deluxe version and got the "Connection to the Dragon Age server has been lost" error.

Right now EA needs to remove the game from my library and reimburse me with a new key/license but I can't get in touch with an advisor. I waited for hours to speak to one today and no one picked up my case.

It's fine guys, you don't have to reimburse me. I'm a gamer, I'm used to getting swindled by game companies. Just talk to me so we can remove the game from my account.

Message 136 of 154 (13,289 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem and I am from Australia. So I do not think it is a location thing, I was running Windows 10 but took it off and am back on Windows 8.1 there is no difference.

Message 137 of 154 (1,755 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Ps4 just pressing triangle to connect or selecting multiplayer immediatley bring up connection to server lost, there isnt even enough time to make a single attempt.
Message 138 of 154 (1,716 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm STILL having this problem. It's been what? A few months. God, I hate this.

I'm running on PC though.

Message 139 of 154 (1,682 Views)

★ Novice

i can connect but they always say unable to connect to server the longer the game has been out the worse it gets

Message 140 of 154 (1,671 Views)