Re: Connecting XboxOne with EA/Origins account for Dragon Age Inquisition

by EA_Ataashi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Connecting XboxOne with EA/Origins account for Dragon Age Inquisition

★★★ Novice

I've been at this for nearly 4hours trying to link my Xbox One EA account to my Dragon Age Keep / EA Origins account. I've had absolutely no luck, and I've tried everything I could. I know this was an issue for many others in the past so I have hope... I just bought Inquisition after playing through DAO and DA2, spent 50$ on this game but can't even get the Dragon Age Keep data to transfer correctly to my DAI on Xbox One. Please help. Maybe someone could link the account for me because I've lost motivation. Somehow link my Xbox Gamertag with my Dragon Age Keep, thats what I've tried and nothings working.

Message 1 of 8 (18,053 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

@Svrah3

I think the key to solving this problem would be to find out login details to your EA account, which might already be connected with your Xbox and use them to log into DA Keep Wondering

Unfortunately, console players can sometimes accidentally create another EA account to link with their console ID and often are not even aware of it. My suggestion would be to launch DAI on your Xbox and try to access multiplayer - you need an EA account for it. See if the game will ask you to provide login details or you'll be logged in automatically.

If you were auto logged-in, chances are that you have 2 EA accounts and you're trying to use the one, which is not connected to your Xbox, to access DA Keep. If you have a problem with establishing correct login details for EA Keep, I suggest getting in touch with our live support. They have access to our database and if you give them your Xbox gamertag, they will be able to confirm if there's any EA account connected with it and provide more information after verification Standard smile

Let me know how it's going!

/Ataashi

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (18,346 Views)

All Replies

Hey @Svrah3

To successfully use DA Keep on your Xbox One, you need to make sure that a few things have been done in the first place Standard smile

1. Link your Xbox account with your EA account.

2. Log into DA Keep using your EA account details - if your EA account is connected with your Microsoft one, it will give you an option to choose Xbox One as your main platform.

3. Sync the data on the website.

This FAQ might also turn out to be useful for you Wink

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 8 (17,992 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
I appreciate the links and effort you put into that. Sadly that’s exactly what I was trying to do, I had no luck as it wasn’t finding my Xbox account existing. I know it says it will link your account from Xbox the second you sign into your EA on any XboxOne EA game, but I did that and it still doesn’t link to my origin account I’m using the same email and everything.

Is there anyway someone could manually link my XboxOne account to my DA Keep/ Origins? Because nothings working on my side so far, I even made sure I had Xbox gold in case that was the problem.. still no luck.

(Also can’t find any options on either EA or Origins where it lets me link my gamertag to my email/ EA account.)
Message 3 of 8 (17,987 Views)

@Svrah3

I think the key to solving this problem would be to find out login details to your EA account, which might already be connected with your Xbox and use them to log into DA Keep Wondering

Unfortunately, console players can sometimes accidentally create another EA account to link with their console ID and often are not even aware of it. My suggestion would be to launch DAI on your Xbox and try to access multiplayer - you need an EA account for it. See if the game will ask you to provide login details or you'll be logged in automatically.

If you were auto logged-in, chances are that you have 2 EA accounts and you're trying to use the one, which is not connected to your Xbox, to access DA Keep. If you have a problem with establishing correct login details for EA Keep, I suggest getting in touch with our live support. They have access to our database and if you give them your Xbox gamertag, they will be able to confirm if there's any EA account connected with it and provide more information after verification Standard smile

Let me know how it's going!

/Ataashi

Message 4 of 8 (18,347 Views)

★★★ Novice
Thank you thank you, that’s very helpful. I’ll look into it and see what I can do. If all else fails I’ll see if they’d do that for me. I’ll keep ya posted Standard smile
Message 5 of 8 (17,976 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Thank you Ataashi,

"Unfortunately, console players can sometimes accidentally create another EA account to link with their console ID and often are not even aware of it. My suggestion would be to launch DAI on your Xbox and try to access multiplayer - you need an EA account for it. See if the game will ask you to provide login details or you'll be logged in automatically."-Ataashi, this is exactly the case.

My main EA/ Origin wouldn't connect to my XboxOne. It's doing the same thing for my brother, we weren't aware of an old EA acc we've had it was linking to. Problem solved<3 tytyty

Message 6 of 8 (17,919 Views)

@Svrah3

Yaaay! I'm glad that I could help Party hat

Let me know if you need any further help. And most importantly... enjoy the game! Standard smile

/Ataashi

Message 7 of 8 (17,909 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Ataashi Man, you have no idea how much you just helped me out. I'm trying to play DAI for the first time ever, just played the first games for the first time too.

Had problems importing wold state, mistakenly thought it loaded my custome state then I found out otherwise a few hours in. Tried so long to get it to work.
After seeing your reply I found that was the issue. SOMEHOW I have two EA accounts and on my computer I was logging into a different one (auto login) than on my xbox

You're a lifesaver
Message 8 of 8 (6,450 Views)