Cole : Dragon Age Inquisition - Game Crash during Skyhold Conversation

by Siliconhobbit

Original Post

Cole : Dragon Age Inquisition - Game Crash during Skyhold Conversation

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm getting a recurring game crash each time I attempt to speak with Cole for the first time after reaching Skyhold for the first time.

During the conversation with him where he explains what he is and what he does, the Inquisitor is given the option to allow Cole to help a dying soldier by ending his life, or stopping Cole by telling him to give the dying soldier a chance.

No matter the decision that the Inquisitor makes, the game crashes immediately after.

Is anyone else experiencing this crash, and if so, have you got around it and what method did you use?

Message 1 of 22 (9,784 Views)

Re: Cole : Dragon Age Inquisition - Game Crash during Skyhold Conversation

★★★ Newbie

On PS4 I just button mashed everytime it got stuck. Managed to get through the conversation eventually.

Message 2 of 22 (9,334 Views)

★ Novice

I am having the same problem on PC! I have tried disabling origin in game as well. For me though it is in different places in the cut scene. I can make it to accepting the inquisition sword but no further. And there is no auto save for a looooong time!!! So i have to restart from where you collapse frozen at the camp. Obviously everything is up to date or I wouldn't have made it this far! Anyone know of a fix? Or do we have to wait for an update?

075f92787000fe97

Message 3 of 22 (9,217 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same thing here but different place in the same cole cutseen. anyone solve the problem?  

Message 4 of 22 (9,185 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same thing here! I have fixed the game but i still got this problem!!!!   ANYONE HELP US!!!!

Message 5 of 22 (8,966 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I tried everything I could do, but still there was crash everytime. Now i couldn't recruit Cole because of it, and I cannot continue my game now.  Please Bioware release any fix as soon as possible!!!

Message 6 of 22 (8,945 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I tried everything I could do, but still there was crash everytime. Now i couldn't recruit Cole because of it, and I cannot continue my game now.  Please Bioware release any fix as soon as possible!!!

Message 7 of 22 (8,945 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Might as well bump this topic as well.  I may not be able to PLAY DA:I right now...but I've seen no fix for this issue in any patches yet either.

So...Any ETA on a fix for this as well or is Cole stuck in Limbo forever?

Message 8 of 22 (8,870 Views)

someone posted in another thread that, doing two things fixed issues for them in cutscenes in skyhold.

1) Used repair function on the game in Origin.

2) Set the game to run as Adminstrator.

They said once this was done, the issue was resolved.  I have also seen that any program that uses overlay, ie Origin ingame or puts up OSD in game, such as fraps, or Afterburner can cause issues with crashes.  Some things to try and see if works.  Good luck

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 9 of 22 (8,858 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just did it as you said, but the crash still exist....Hope someone in Bioware would see this post, realize this problem and report it in order to fix it in the next patch

Message 10 of 22 (8,845 Views)