Re: Cole : Dragon Age Inquisition - Game Crash during Skyhold Conversation

by Psykodelic13

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

As posted earlier by someone, who got this information from someone else:

2) Set the game to run as Adminstrator.

The idea that we are running ANYTHING on our computer systems NOT in Admin mode is downright insulting.  Does the majority of the gaming community AT LARGE think we are 8 year old children who just sat down at a computer for the first time?

I swear, I hope the next person that makes this suggestion about ANY program running, dies in a fire.

Message 11 of 22 (1,615 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is ridiculous. I cannot get past these long cut scenes. There fore I cannot play the damn game.

Message 12 of 22 (1,516 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I couldn't understand now it is update 3 and Bioware still haven't fix this bug???

Message 13 of 22 (1,450 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Has anyone found a way to fix this? I have all the DLC so far. I've repaired my game, updated my drivers, and ran the game as administrator. Nothing has worked.

Message 14 of 22 (1,221 Views)

★★ Novice

Anyone? I've done pretty much everything I can at Skyhold now besides continue with the story. I don't want to leave Cole behind. 

Message 15 of 22 (1,195 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Well, here it is the first quarter of 2016 and this is still happening, because I'm experiencing it. I've tried all kinds of things to fix it (repairing the game, running in admin mode, decreasing graphics mode, etc etc) and nothing works. Cole says "Try. I'd like to stay." Boom. Crash to desktop. Very, very frustrating. I'm currently looking at a way to edit the save file to show Cole as having been recruited, but I don't know if that will work. This sucks Bioware/EA.

Message 16 of 22 (1,142 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
Now it is the June of 2016,after 11 update patches and this problem still exist... What's wrong with Bioware!!!
Message 17 of 22 (933 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

Try using the skip (esc key by default on computer) to get through that as quickly as possible. Does it still crash then?

I've never had that crash but, I do run as Admin and, I have MSAA turned off for the came in game and in the Nvidia control panel. I also do not use mods or command line arguments. Try duplicating my settings on those and see if it still crashes.

If it does please post your DXDIAG as instructed in the spoiler here. Maybe we can find a common denominator that is causing this and, find a way to correct it since no more patches are planned for the game.

Message 18 of 22 (922 Views)

★ Novice

Hello! It's 2019 but I fixed this glitch, turns out if you edit the save file before Skyhold, The game will crash when you try to recruit Cole. It's taken me a week to figure it out but it works now.

Message 19 of 22 (706 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Can you elaborate on how you fixed it please..

Message 20 of 22 (543 Views)