Re: Cloud Saves vs Local Saves

by kenanddebra

Original Post

Cloud Saves vs Local Saves

★★★ Novice

I had to replace my HD on the PC.  I backed up my DAI saves to a DVD and when I got the computer back I tried to put the saves back on.  I got a Cloud sync error then an overwrite to my local saves and now I can put my backed up saves into the save directory under Bioware/DAI/save and they are not recognized.  I tried to start a new character with a new save and then switch characters-didn't work.

You can't reach EA by email or phone.  The live chat is a 5 hour wait.  I can provide EA with my saves and let them replace them or something, but I might as well be on the dark side of the Moon.

Does anyone know anything that would help?

Thanks ahead of time.

Message 1 of 4 (1,838 Views)

Hero

@kenanddebra  Did you try turning cloud saves off in Origin (right click the game in Origin > Properties > Cloud Saves)? This should prevent it from wanting to overwrite any saves you manually put in your local save directory. Also make sure the saves you're moving don't have any subfolders or anything, or they won't show up in the game (or that's what I remember from a long time ago, I doubt it's changed). 

What happens when you try to switch characters? Is there just nothing there or do you get some sort of error message? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 4 (1,819 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for your reply.  I've already tried those things and it's a no-go.  I've written to EA and not a peep from them so, I guess I'm just starting over.  I love the game, BUT this is really discouraging.  I hope DAI 4 has a better system for saving and keeping games than this one does.  Origin sucks at it.

Message 3 of 4 (1,790 Views)

Hero

@kenanddebra You still have your back up of your saves, yes? If you turn off cloud saves in Origin, you should then be able to put those backed up saves in your save folder and they should show up in game.  So I'm just trying to figure out why you can't do that, it's... odd. 

All the files you copies are .DAS files? You didn't rename them or try to sort them in folders or anything? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 4 (1,783 Views)