Re: Cloud Save Conflict

by mcsupersport

Original Post

Cloud Save Conflict

★ Apprentice

So, this has happened before but it's never caused problems till now. Whenever I attempt to open Dragon Age Inquisition, the Cloud Save Conflict window pops up, asking me to pick between using Cloud Save Data, or Local Data. Usually, when this happens, I pick Cloud Save Data, and the game starts up. However this time, every time I press either one of the options, nothing happens. Like, the game doesn't start, nothing happens at all. I keep retrying to do it, but the same thing happens. I was hoping someone knew what was up and could help me. Thank you in advance. 

Message 1 of 5 (1,705 Views)

Disable Cloud saves for DAI....see if it starts.  If it does, make a backup of your saves folder in another location and wait a few days...backing up as you go.  Then if you really need Cloud saves for playing on different systems or some such, then re-enable it after a few day to see if it is a cloud server issue.  Personally, I have all cloud saves turned off, as I only play on one computer and I occasionally make a copy of my saves folder just in case.  MY personal experience has been the cloud save function causing more issues than it saves.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 5 (1,665 Views)

★ Apprentice

Sorry for the late-ish reply- I tried this but it still won't launch so I think it's safe to assume it wasn't the cloud save causing the problem. It still just won't open at all. I tried to delete Origin and redownload it, but it didn't change anything. All of my other games work fine, but not Inquisition. I also tried to repair the game to see if that would change anything, but nope. Thank you for the suggestion though, much appreciated.

Message 3 of 5 (1,594 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @Youkai-Amy

We had some general issues with cloud saves on Origin recently, but they were fixed in the latest client patch. Could you make sure that you're using the latest version of Origin (10.5.24.5022 - 0) and check out if the cloud save conflict still occurs in DA Inquisition? Wondering

Thanks!

/Ataashi

Message 4 of 5 (1,576 Views)

So if cloud saves are off, and it doesn't ask you to choose...then it is a problem with the game not starting.

This can be many different issues.  So if this is still the case after the latest Origin update, then please post a DxDiag file up here, and also do some basic checking. 

1)  Disable all Anti-virus programs(usually can be done temporarily) and see if it fixes issue.

2)  Disable Firewall programs.

3)  Make sure you don't have Razor(mouse/keyboard) programs installed....some people report it is just the online reporting section of the program causing issues.

4)  Try a clean boot of the computer and only run minimum programs, plus Origin and DAI and see if it works.

5)  Make sure you don't have teamspeak running...I think teamspeak 13 started this issue for it.

keep us up to date....

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 5 of 5 (1,556 Views)