Re: Character won't stop moving forward! Problem w/menu, map & tactical cam.

by Taurnilan

Original Post

Character won't stop moving forward! Problem w/menu, map & tactical cam.

★★★ Novice

Issue 1: The currently played character won't stop running or moving forward. Even during battle or if I interrupt with a jump, attack, tactical camera command. The character just keeps going. 

Issue 2: The map and tactical camera acts as though I'm scrolling up even though I'm not.

Issue 3: Likewise, the menu acts as if I'm scrolling through rapidly.

I have tried multiple mice and keyboards to see if something was wrong. 

Is this a glitch or did every piece of peripheral hardware in my house simultaneously stop working?

Message 1 of 16 (43,243 Views)

★★ Novice

This drove me nuts for quite a while too.

On PC, there is a keybind for "autorun", which is by default bound to 'G'.

Try pressing G during combat and see if it works.  If it doesn't, check your keybindings to see if this is bound to something else.

Message 2 of 16 (43,169 Views)

★★★ Novice

It was during the menu as well. Not just during gameplay. The keybindings were the first thing I checked. haha. 

I talked to EA Help and they suggested I do a UO trace which was pretty bad. They thought maybe it was a bad download? Anyway, I downloaded directly (instead of through my router) and it seems to have worked? I'm going to play a bit more before I definitely call it a solution though.

Message 3 of 16 (43,161 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Seems to be happening to me again every so often now too, and I agree that pressing G isn't helping.

So far, it appears that exiting the game completely and reloading temporarly fixes the problem, although it re-occurs after a while and then I have to exit again to fix it again.

Message 4 of 16 (43,151 Views)

★★ Novice

OK, I think I really have solved this, at least in my case.  I had previously been launching Origin as a Steam third party app, and it seemed far more likely to happen when I was using the Steam overlay from within Inquisition.

Two days ago, I stopped doing this, and the problem hasn't happened at all since.  It may come back tomorrow just to prove me wrong, but so far, as long as I don't try to mix Origin and Steam, the problem doesn't seem to happen.  Clearly EA and Valve don't get along very well. :D

Since it appears Steam and Inquisition don't play well together, it seems likely that other third party launchers and/or overlay programs like Overwolf might also have problems.  It wouldn't surprise me if the Origin overlay itself might cause this problem - I wouldn't know because I have it disabled.

I'll post here again if the problem comes back even in a pure Origin-only, no overlay configuration.

Message 5 of 16 (43,136 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

The only times I've run across similar problems were related to leaving joysticks attached to a port while running a non-aviation-sim game. 

Message 6 of 16 (43,130 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having this issue as well, but only when playing on my laptop. When i play via my brother's desktop I'm having no issues. 
Anyone thinking this is related to the graphics? My laptop can barely run the game, so I was thinking it might be performance related. 

Message 7 of 16 (42,749 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

It happens every time I am going through my inventory on Neverwinter

and I am using an Xbox one S with controller--it is driving me crazy

Message 8 of 16 (39,748 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you so much, I use a logitech yoke and never would've thought that would cause this issue.

Message 9 of 16 (35,917 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

i have this issue aswell , haviong already all overlays already disabled nor running origin via steam/ as a third party Program, maybe someone knows a way to solve this cuz im running outta ideas and options. 

Message 10 of 16 (33,426 Views)