Cant use recording software

by Michael_Pontifex

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cant use recording software

★ Novice

Hi, I got a great idea for a montage video on Dragon Age: Inquisition but i cant record gameplay.
I can't run Fraps or Bandicam recording software in game. I don't see benchmark neither can i record. They work in other games though.

I apreciate your help Standard smile

Message 1 of 4 (1,861 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cant use recording software

★ Guide

Close Fraps, then force-run it with administrator permissions, by right-clicking the shortcut and selecting "Run as Administrator".

Otherwise DA:I may block third party input.

This is, of course, no DA:I specific issue but a general Windows security feature - if used by the application.

It's good that BioWare enabled it.

Cherrio,
Matricus

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (2,109 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

Close Fraps, then force-run it with administrator permissions, by right-clicking the shortcut and selecting "Run as Administrator".

Otherwise DA:I may block third party input.

This is, of course, no DA:I specific issue but a general Windows security feature - if used by the application.

It's good that BioWare enabled it.

Cherrio,
Matricus

Message 2 of 4 (2,110 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I am trying to use Bandicam. Fraps and Bandicam used to work with their FPS displaying in the DAI window. Now Bandicam says something about clicking on application screen to capture. I have clicked on Bandicam and then DAI, and never even get the FPS to display again, besides being able to take an image or video footage again. Now that I'm doing this, Bandicam is displaying "Origin.exe (dx11) - 1920x1036" and Origin has a FPS bar. DAI is still running, but still with no FPS display. When Fraps was working, I was playing Mass Effect 3 and my cursor would go off the screen and kick me out of the game. To correct that I installed "Dual Monitor Tools", which contained my cursor on the screen, and Fraps disappeared and I could never get it to work right again. When that happened I tried Bandicam but I wasn't happy with the recording codec they were using. With their latest software release, it does support my video card now, but it doesn't seem to work with DAI. That doesn't make sense, because it was working yesterday. I don't think anything has changed. From what I can tell there is no way to identify all of your games to Bandicam, so that when they are playing Bandicam can figure out where it is supposed to be. Any help would be great!

Message 3 of 4 (878 Views)

★ Guide

Hi, I had problems recording with Bandicam as well. I tried everything and I could not get the FPS to display in DA:I. I read someplace about it being video drivers. I downloaded the latest WHQL drivers for my AMD video card and all of a sudden it just started working. It started working with Mass Effect 3. too. Before ME3 would freeze if you took a picture or tried to create a video.

I also found that if you add Origin.exe to Advanced->Hooking->Blocked Process List, you won't get Bandicam to run on DA:I. That might be true of all games on Origin. I hope that helps!

Message 4 of 4 (744 Views)