Re: Cant load save file

by Leora85

Original Post

Cant load save file

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Ok so, I can start the game fine, i can make a new character and play on that fine, I don't have any mods whatsoever, I don't get any message about my game being an older version than my save file. I just load up the game, get a loading screen for a bit that turns black after a while with the loading icon in the lower corner, then it just freezes and wont respond. I have repaired the game but still same thing. I can load my newly made character fine ever after closing down the game, but i cant load my main characters save files.

Is sad

Pls help

Message 1 of 3 (361 Views)

★ Apprentice

Have you checked to see if EVERYTHING is exactly the same as it was when you played before?  If you are on a new computer, New sound/video cards, resolutions even a faster system can cause save games not to work.  The save is looking for what it was used to anything new and it will refuse to load

Message 2 of 3 (296 Views)

Hero

@Squidfase It's possible that particular save (or character) somehow got corrupted... Can you load any older saves from that same character? Where in the game was the save made? (I've heard of some issues with saves created in the Descent DLC areas). Have you made any changes (different DLC installed or anything?). 

@edtheaminal That just... isn't correct. You can take someone elses save game off a totally different system and play it, as long as you have the same content installed. Your system specs are not included in the save file. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 3 (280 Views)