Cannot run Dragon Age Inquisition

by kwud10cxcf95

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot run Dragon Age Inquisition

★★★ Newbie

I installed Dragon Age Inquisition Game of the Year edition, but every time I go to launch the game it starts up and then quickly closes. I have tried everything that other forums have suggested about this issue, but I still am unable to run Dragon Age Inquisition.

Here is my DxDiag repport:

https://hastebin.com/walaqasexi.tex

Any help is appreciated, please and thank you. 

Message 1 of 6 (603 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot run Dragon Age Inquisition

Community Manager

@kwud10cxcf95

Unfortunately, your graphics processor does not have the required 512MB of dedicated memory, your Dxdiag shows 241MB.

Minimum:
Processor (AMD): Quad core @ 2.5 GHz
Processor (Intel): Quad core @ 2.0 GHz
Memory: 4 GB
Graphics Card (AMD): Radeon HD 4870
Graphics Card (NVIDIA): GeForce 8800 GT
Graphics Memory: 512 MB
Hard Drive: 26 GB
DirectX: 10
Internet: 512 kbps up and down

barry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (659 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@kwud10cxcf95

Unfortunately, your graphics processor does not have the required 512MB of dedicated memory, your Dxdiag shows 241MB.

Minimum:
Processor (AMD): Quad core @ 2.5 GHz
Processor (Intel): Quad core @ 2.0 GHz
Memory: 4 GB
Graphics Card (AMD): Radeon HD 4870
Graphics Card (NVIDIA): GeForce 8800 GT
Graphics Memory: 512 MB
Hard Drive: 26 GB
DirectX: 10
Internet: 512 kbps up and down

barry.png
Message 2 of 6 (660 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue I think.  

When attempting to start the game, I get redirected to the Origin product page on the origin desktop app.  Game does not launch.  

Here is my DxDiag:

dxdiag.txt

thanks

Message 3 of 6 (371 Views)

@zhqsrncy CPU is adequate, RAM OK, video card is fine. So, that is not a hardware problem. 

One question: do you start the game from the Origin client or from the desktop shortcut?. Almost any EA game that requires Origin, needs to be started from the Origin client. 

The causes for the game not to start can be caused by a few things: the redistributables did not installed or did not install correctly, antivirus or/and firewall are blocking the executable file, drivers not being up-to-date. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 4 of 6 (335 Views)

@zhqsrncy

You have an ashwooka failure listed in dxdiag file for DAI....that is avast anti-virus causing the trouble.  Set the correct global exclusions for DAI, origin and DAI saves files should fix the issue.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 6 (314 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks, yes... I figured that out thru reading another set of posts.  Editing my exceptions for Avast fixed the issue.

Cheers!

Message 6 of 6 (302 Views)