Cannot connect to Dragon Age Server--PS4 only thread

by BSnyc

Original Post

Cannot connect to Dragon Age Server--PS4 only thread

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
I see a bunch of threads for PCs with some console-postings within but have yet to see a fix that works for me. So far I've tried the following:

Making sure that the date and time are current (they are)
Checking my internet speed (Internet speed is over 50mbps)
Restarting my modem (many times)
Using an ethernet cord (done)
Deleting and re-installing just the game and update but not the dlc (done).
Making sure other games/features can access the internet without issue (done; downloaded the deluxe digital copy, entered my choices in the Keep using PS4's browser, can use The Last Of Us multiplayer w/o issue)
Assign a static IP address to my PS4 (done)

So far nothing has worked. Please help. 
Message 1 of 14 (15,330 Views)

Re: Cannot connect to Dragon Age Server--PS4 only thread

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
I am having this exact same problem. I can watch Netflix from my PS4 and can stream YouTube without a problem, but I can't access Dragon Age servers to download my Keep. It's not an internet problem, it's a DA:I issue.

Edit: I should add that I am in the USA (Arkansas) and have no trouble connecting to PSN or downloading my dlc. (Deluxe Edition) Really loving the game, would love to be playing in MY Thedas.
Message 2 of 14 (15,278 Views)

★ Apprentice
Are we the only PS4 users still with this problem? Someone pls help.
Message 3 of 14 (15,230 Views)

★★ Novice

I also have this issue....

gta V, cod aw2 both work but i can't seem to connect to DAI servers. pretty frustrating.....

Message 4 of 14 (15,204 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I seem to have semi rectified this problem, going to settings on the PS4 dash > PSN > Restore licences.

Now it seems to prompt me to login with Origin details when I try login on the main menu. 

However the multiplayer option is still greyed out? :/ strange.

EDIT: Just noticed when I try select 'Multiplayer' it comes up in small letters at the bottom right hand side of the screen:

"This portion of the game can only be accessed after full installation has been completed. Please wait for installation to finish

and try again"....

The fudge? its updated to latest version and on the PS4?

Someone check an EA admin for a pulse so we can get some feedback?

EDIT: x2, having done peoples jobs for them, it seems that the game installs stuff in the background (10-30gb the answer varied from) but there is no way of checking said process via the PS OS, so sit tight and wait. 

hope the above licence restoring tip works for you guys too Standard smile

Message 5 of 14 (15,195 Views)

★ Apprentice

To check the status of your download, go to your library and select the game and click the options button. You'll be able to see how much has been downloaded. Thanks for you tip about the licensing! Can't wait to try it tonight!

Message 6 of 14 (15,187 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks anyway but it didn't work. Renewed the licenses but still cannot connect to the server. Frown

Message 7 of 14 (15,156 Views)

★ Novice

Just a thought, see if any devices in your house can login to the origin launcher, cause when my sign in worked via PS4, it took me to origin dialog boxes. Just a thought Standard smile

shouldn't make a difference but FYI my connection is wireless and my copy is a physical disk one.

Message 8 of 14 (15,128 Views)

★ Apprentice
My phone, desktop, and tablet were all signed into origin. Even my PS4's browser was signed into origin. The only thing that won't is my digital copy of dragon age. This blows.
Message 9 of 14 (15,120 Views)

★★ Novice

I got a bit further but haven't been able to test yet since i'm at work.

I created a new user for my PS4 along with a new PSN ID and when i tried to connect to the dragon age servers I was presented with a different screen to create an origin account rather than the connection was lost error.

Which led me down a different path. It looks like you need to link your PSN account with an Origin account that has the same email address.

http://help.ea.com/en/article/linking-your-gamertag-psn-id-or-ea-classic-screen-name/

Message 10 of 14 (15,108 Views)
Twitter Stream