Can't update Dragon Age Inquisition to version 1.08

by Amezgaisto

Original Post

Can't update Dragon Age Inquisition to version 1.08

★★★★ Novice

Hi, I am trying to patch Dragon Age Inquisition to it's latest version but all the times I try I get error 800233EF. My platform is a PS3, with the lattest system update.

Message 1 of 8 (1,763 Views)

Re: Can't update Dragon Age Inquisition to version 1.08

★★ Novice

Same thing on PS4, the patch tries to download but is stuck at 0% for a few minutes and I get the "Unable to download" error. PSN Store works fine, so does multiplayer in other games.

Message 2 of 8 (1,615 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the post. Apparently this code indicates a network error. It might just be temporary, so try waiting for a short while then trying again. 

if this has no effect, try power-cycling your router, and connect to the router with a cable if you're using wifi. 

Nartaak, if you have an error message/code, please post it too, but also try the steps above. 

Thank you. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 8 (1,603 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ok, I tried waiting for some, 5 hours, have tried with power-cycling my router and I am not sure how to do the last part, would I need any specal cable to connect my ps3 to the router?

Message 4 of 8 (1,584 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

A standard Cat5 cable should do, just run it between the console/router as a test, if you have one to hand. 

Another step to try is to clear the local cache on the PS4. 

http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-do-i-clear-my-playstation-3-s-cache/

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 8 (1,560 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ok, connect my cat5 cable -it's the third one going from top to bottom, right?- from my router to my PS3 and I am still getting error 800233EF

Message 6 of 8 (1,486 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Also, tried going to data utility and erased the "Patches & DLC" folder for Dragon Age Inquisition, not sure if this constitutes as clearing the cache, but when I tried to patch it to the 1.08 version it crashed again. Showing the same error message as always
Message 7 of 8 (1,436 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So any news on this Bug'? Its been on 4 more than 8 weeks by now and I still have the same problem.

Before you ask me to reconnect my network. Thats not the issue.

the clear cache workaround did not help.

I can perfectly download the 700 MB DLC Jaws of Hakkon without any network errors.

But as soon as i start the Update for the 1.08 Patch it crashes with the error message between 5 and 16 %

Never reached more than that.

Tried Jaws of Hakkon before trying the Update - worked fine

Tried the Update - broke

Tried Jaws of Hakkon right after the broken 1.08 Update - worked fine

So obviously its not my network connection, but sony's psn or the DA:I Update servers.

EA: fix this, I'm not keen on paying money for DLC only to find it not working because of the necessary update won't load

Message 8 of 8 (1,116 Views)