Re: Can't travel back to Frostback Basin

by QuixoticImpulse

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't travel back to Frostback Basin

★★★ Newbie

I did some wandering around Frostback Basin, then returned to Skyhold to work on Cullen's personal mission. After completed part of that mission I decided to continue working on the quests in Frostback Basin. The icon for it appears on my world map. I can set the a quest in that zone to active and it will display the quest icon, but I cannot click on the icon for Frostback Basin to travel there. It also no longer appears on the war table. So basically I now have DLC i purchased that is unusable. Has anyone else had this issue/found a work around?

Message 1 of 11 (11,134 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

I have found a work around for this issue while on the phone with tech support. First I must say that while I have had some issues with bugs and the like with EA games, their support has always been extremely friendly and helpful. In this case i figured out the work around while explaining my issue to tech support. While at Skyhold, I will click on the icon to switch levels on the map, then go to the world map and I can once again access Frostback Basin. Speaking with tech support they have escalated this as it appears to be a bug so that a possible fix can be found but in the  meantime this work around seems to fix the issue.

View in thread

Message 3 of 11 (12,209 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I would also like to note that I have tried reloading old saves (though I dont have any IN Frostback Basin as I do a rolling set of saves) and I have restarted the game and my computer.

Message 2 of 11 (11,112 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have found a work around for this issue while on the phone with tech support. First I must say that while I have had some issues with bugs and the like with EA games, their support has always been extremely friendly and helpful. In this case i figured out the work around while explaining my issue to tech support. While at Skyhold, I will click on the icon to switch levels on the map, then go to the world map and I can once again access Frostback Basin. Speaking with tech support they have escalated this as it appears to be a bug so that a possible fix can be found but in the  meantime this work around seems to fix the issue.

Message 3 of 11 (12,210 Views)

★★★ Novice

that worked for me. thanks

Message 4 of 11 (10,943 Views)

★★ Novice

Had the same problem, and this worked for me, too. Thanks!

@gourgen wrote:

Message 5 of 11 (10,875 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm just getting around to playing Frostback Basin now, and I had the same issue. Your solution worked for me, so thanks!

Message 6 of 11 (9,268 Views)

★★★ Newbie

> Speaking with tech support they have escalated this as it appears to be a bug so that a possible fix can be found but in the  meantime this work around seems to fix the issue.

It's August 2018 and I've encountered this same problem. Your workaround helped, so thanks for posting that, but it would appear they never actually fixed the bug.

Message 7 of 11 (6,946 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Same issue here. Another workaround is to access the War Table in Skyhold and use the Investigate Frostback Basin marker to fast travel there. But that doesn't let you choose which camp or point to travel to so not as convenient.  

I wasn't sure what you meant by levels, I thought you meant World Map vs. Local Map but then I realized you meant the floors, like 1st, 2nd, 3rd floor/level in Skyhold map. That worked for me too, thanks.

Message 8 of 11 (5,169 Views)

★ Novice
@gourgen This is still an issue, but thanks for solving it!
Message 9 of 11 (5,012 Views)

★★ Novice

I ended up having to use this workaround in order to get to the basin. I guess in 2022 we still don't have a fix for this then. 

Message 10 of 11 (2,502 Views)