Re: Can't sign into Origins account for Dragon Age Keep in DA:I

by revolverocelot19

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I may have a work around.

It looks like the "email address" tied to the dummy account on the PS4 is sent to the email address corresponding to your PSN ID, so you can set a password / check things there.

Almost got it. Developing...

Message 21 of 31 (8,246 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Alright, this doesn't fix the problem, but it can serve as a work-around for now to get a world state onto the console.

1) Create a "dummy" Origin ID using the PS4's Origin "Welcome Back" screen

2) Go to this page: https://signin.ea.com/p/web/resetPassword?execution=e88755911s1  and reset your Origin account password for the "dummy" ID you created.

3) Check the email address associated with your PSN ID. The password reset email should be there. Click it to set a password for the account.

4) Armed with your new Origin ID with a password, go to Dragon Age Keep and log in using the new account.

5) Re-build your world state and export it.

6) At the end of DA: I's character creation page, you should be asked the question "Import custom world state?", say yes, and it should be able to find "Custom World State". If this part failed, it will ask you to "Use Default World State?"

That's the best I could do for now. I became "friends" with myself on Origin with my dummy account, but for some reason I can't see my dummy account listed as an Origin friend on Keep (however, my dummy account can see my real account, which is odd), so I couldn't test sharing my worldstate with my dummy account wholesale.

Hope this helps!

Message 22 of 31 (8,202 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Update: After waiting about 20 minutes after "friending" myself with the dummy account, I could successfully share my world state to the PS4 Origin account. Just took a while.

Message 23 of 31 (8,172 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried this but my original Origin ID is the same as my Xbox 1 login email, so it does not work since they are the same email. Waiting to hear from a support rep.

Message 24 of 31 (8,109 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Chatted with a support rep in Ireland, got it all worked out by switching registered email addresses. 

Message 25 of 31 (8,073 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

As a final follow-up on my issue:

The problem seems to stem from the fact that my PSN ID's email address was different than my Origin ID's email address. If they're the same, you probably would never run into this issue.

If they are different, you will need to associate your PSN ID to your Origin ID manually. Follow the steps here: http://help.ea.com/en/article/linking-your-gamertag-psn-id-or-ea-classic-screen-name/

If you already linked your PSN ID to a different Origin ID (such as in the "dummy" Origin ID instructions above), you will need a customer service rep to link it back to your "real" Origin ID. They were able to do this for me quickly and painlessly. (thanks, "Michael!")

Hope this helps.

Edit: Sounds like your experience was similar to mine IronWarrior.

Message 26 of 31 (8,070 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You have to connect your origin account with your gamertag or  PSN id. To do this go to the link below. You'll have to download the Origin client. This should help. 

http://help.ea.com/en/article/linking-your-gamertag-psn-id-or-ea-classic-screen-name/

Message 27 of 31 (7,543 Views)

★★★ Newbie

HOw do I get on dragon keeps for ps4

Message 28 of 31 (6,665 Views)

★★★ Newbie
can't connect my gamertag to my account on dragonkeep tried everything save me obi-wan kenobi
Message 29 of 31 (6,453 Views)

★★ Apprentice

None of this works and I only have one e-mail adres. The same I use for PSN, Origin en Xbox Live. However. Playstation is not recognized only xbox 360 and pc.

When I ttried to connect it says it's linked to another origin account. This is impossible. I only ever had one origin account.

Message 30 of 31 (6,303 Views)