Can't play multiplayer with friend

by zkytarne

Original Post

Can't play multiplayer with friend

★★ Novice

A friend an I have tried several times to get in a lobby together. It is impossible for us to invite each other and we get various obscure error messages when trying. The first error message states that our DLCs do not match which is **bleep**. We have compared our DLCs and they match exactly (he even upgraded to premium for this btw) Now the second error message says "failed to connect" or something similar and sets you into a loop of constant loading and getting this error message.It can not be stopped without ALT F4 or by the mercy of the lobby owner closing it. We even went as far as to reinstall Origin and repair the game and all DLCs. We are both able to join lobbys separately, simply can not open a game together. It gets very frustrating and there is not much to be found about this topic on google. 

Can someone please look into this. I mean you can't be serious about this. We paid top money for this game and put up with all of your **bleep** policies to actually not being able to enjoy it. 

Message 1 of 19 (10,839 Views)

Re: Can't play multiplayer with friend

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

This incident should be resolved as soon as possible! We cannot play with friends, no matter what we try.

The connection to the session is lost whenever either one opens a lobby and the other one is trying to connect, resulting in the connecting/error loop as mentioned by the thread opener. Even if Player A joins a public lobby (hosted by someone random), the connection to the session is getting lost as soon as player B tries to connect to the same lobby. It all works fine as long as you don't try to play with your friends.... Oops?

Awkward problem regarding that this is a Bioware production, published via EA's Origin. 

Message 2 of 19 (10,806 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is a Bioware product, not a bethesda product. And Bioware is now a part of the EA machine. So I'm afraid the worst part is that it is their own product which they have no control over any longer.

Message 3 of 19 (10,781 Views)

★★ Novice

No official statement?

Is this topic going to be ingnored after all?

Message 4 of 19 (10,757 Views)

★★ Novice

I demand that someone looks into this asap. This error is persistent and it is ruining a big part of an otherwise perfect game for us. It can't be impossible for either EA or Bioware to take care of issues with their product regardless who is in charge. Either Bioware starts fixing this by themselves or their publisher EA has to kick their asses to do so.

Come on! You are hoarding up enough money with your greedy DLC-rip-offs. At least you could give us what we paid for initially.

Both companies, Bioware and EA should worry about the reputation of their brand. Of all the **bleep** publishers out there the one I now despise most is EA which is mostly because there does not seem to exist any customer support whatsoever.

Message 5 of 19 (10,735 Views)

★★ Novice

Stil no statement from EA.

Is anybody even checking the technical forums?

We still want to give your game a chance, even though the multiplayer experience isn't as good as promised.

...Actually we tried so many times, we don't want to give your game any chane any longer.

Screw you!

Message 6 of 19 (10,700 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Haha 2 years later, same problem, still not resolved or even adressed :eahigh_file: me and a friend just wanted to play it and become ranked just for fun but I guess that dream is dead. It's a shame time and resources are spent on MP instead of the single player content and then it doesn't even work as it should :'D

Message 7 of 19 (10,119 Views)

Sorry to hear you have an issue, but Bioware and EA are NOT here, as this is a player to player help forum.

If you want to talk to EA, then HERE--use contact us and talk to or chat with an agent.

IF you want someone here to try and help you, then you need to read the stickies about what info we need to have a chance to help you.  Such as error message, locations, platform, and that kind of stuff.

IF you just want to complain and feel better......well, carry on.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 8 of 19 (10,111 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Wondering if the friends involved in the above are using different platforms?

Message 9 of 19 (10,097 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If you want to join your friends, one of you have to create a room first and the others have to join the game by origin friends list and click on Join the game.

Message 10 of 19 (10,040 Views)